Author Topic: Limitations of the default F-18 Autothrottle  (Read 4617 times)

Gohan

Limitations of the default F-18 Autothrottle
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:43:23 pm »
Hello, I ve noticed that in some situation, the autothrottle on the default f18 wont keep the IAS indicated and it wont increase the throttle above certain amount.
This usually happens when I try to keep IAS over 400 or somewhere around that, but I am not sure.

So what is the official limitation of the default F18 Autothrottle?

Thanks

Gohan

Re: Limitations of the default F-18 Autothrottle
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:37:52 pm »
Bump, could someone please tell me what is the max speed that the default F18's autothrottle can hold?

Mickey_Techy

Re: Limitations of the default F-18 Autothrottle
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »
.........official limitation of the default F18 Autothrottle?....

Since, it's the default F/A-18E you are interested in, there is very little 'official' documentation to refer to. It's many years since I last flew a purely default Hornet.

But, as far as I can remember, autothrottle should be able to command throttles to any position between flight idle to max dry power.

Depending on your aircraft weight, whatever speed these throttle positions are able to achieve should be your 'official' speed mate.

This may not be much, but that's the best I can offer.

In the day's that I did fly the default Hornet, I'm certain it was able to hold speeds even as high as 550 KIAS. That's as far as I had tested I think. If the best you are able to obtain is 400 KIAS-ish, it must be something in the way your FSX/Controller is setup, I think?