Author Topic: PAPI/VASI Lights in P3d V2  (Read 3196 times)

jcverrett

PAPI/VASI Lights in P3d V2
« on: December 14, 2013, 03:36:24 am »
I just want to know if I am missing something. My FSDT airports KORD, PHNL, and both Hawaii Vol 1 and 2 all worked fine in FSX. I have done a fresh install of windows 7 x64 and then the same for P3D V2 because of a number of issues. I did not install DX9 because P3D is DX 11 and at this time do not intend to install anything requiring DX9. Now I have noticed the lack of PAPI/VASI lights at KORD, PHNL,Greystone and both Hawaii Vol. 1 and 2. The newer airports KLAX, KJFK V2, KFLL and CYVR they work just fine? The only other addons I have installed right now are REX (not using the weather engine) OPUSFSX, and MYTraffic 3D. Suggestions?

Thanks, Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PAPI/VASI Lights in P3d V2
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 12:35:57 pm »
Now I have noticed the lack of PAPI/VASI lights at KORD, PHNL,Greystone and both Hawaii Vol. 1 and 2. The newer airports KLAX, KJFK V2, KFLL and CYVR they work just fine?

Newer airports works because we use totally custom runway lights and PAPIs. But airports made using legacy .BGL code has a bug with runway lights in P3D, which doesn't happen in FSX. We reported it to LM, and it will be hopefully fixed in an upcoming patch.

jcverrett

Re: PAPI/VASI Lights in P3d V2
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:39:17 am »
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that that may be the case. Keep up the great work!!!

Jon