Author Topic: KDFW airport dissapears. Yet again COUTL issue? (FSX)  (Read 3124 times)

Manny

KDFW airport dissapears. Yet again COUTL issue? (FSX)
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:57:17 pm »
I just made a long journey from MMMX to KDFW to arrive at KDFW to see the airport addon missing.  I checked the  Addon manager and it says "Product Installed and Active.

Why oh why do I have  to deal with his constantly eh?

I did install all my FSDT aiports for P3D V2 sitting in another drive? But  my P3D v2 is dnot doing so great...so I came to fly within the FSX environment.

Is this because it works only in 1 of the sim or is the usual COUTL issue that I have had to deal with all the time?

Manny

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW airport dissapears. Yet again COUTL issue? (FSX)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 10:57:09 pm »
I checked the  Addon manager and it says "Product Installed and Active.

The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the Addons menu ?

Why oh why do I have  to deal with his constantly eh?

I can't possibly know why *you* have to deal with this "constantly", without having a look at your system and how is installed or what's really happening, which is why I've asked if you have both menus. Checking your old posts, it seems the last time you had a problem with Couatl not running, was because you hand edited your XML files and introduced an error:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2624.msg21979.html#msg21979

All right virtuali. That fixed it. <Embarassed> here. Please remove my posts here that I created today. so as not to confuse others. This is my error.

So, I don't know what do you mean with "I have to deal with this constantly", since the only time you reported it was caused by an error in your XML files, which of course was fixed as soon as you fixed them.

I did install all my FSDT aiports for P3D V2 sitting in another drive? But  my P3D v2 is dnot doing so great...so I came to fly within the FSX environment.

Then you should ask yourself WHY P3D2 is not working great, perhaps the system problem you have is *affecting* both P3D AND our software.

Is this because it works only in 1 of the sim or is the usual COUTL issue that I have had to deal with all the time?

They work normally in both sims regardless where they are installed, provided of course they are installed correctly. If, for example, you used the P3D Migration Tool to install into P3D, that would cause Couatl not working, because as explained many times already, if you have a product that DOES support P3D natively, you must disable the Migration tool.

But, this would only explain a problem with P3D, not one in FSX, which is why I've asked more details about it.

Manny

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »
I don't remember seeing "Couatl powered products just addon manager.

I did not install FSDT Airports using that migration tool. I only installed it with your updated installed for P3D.

I just download the new addon manager and it now works.

BTW... This issue happens so often I don't even bother coming here and posting the issue.. I simply download the addon manager and install it and that usually fixes it.

But its frustrating when I do a 2 or 3 hrs of flying and I come to land at an FSDT airport, I don't see it on approach. Its like a box of chocolate I never know what I am gonna get.

Si I now have to take off from an FSDT airport but usually try to land at a non FSDT airport to have a no surprise approach.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:52:28 pm by Manny »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:35:46 pm »
I don't remember seeing "Couatl powered products just addon manager.

You always had it, when you had the scenery visible. That's why I've asked if you have it NOW, if you still don't have buildings.

I just download the new addon manager and it now works.

It always works, of course.

BTW... This issue happens so often I don't even bother coming here and posting the issue.. I simply download the addon manager and install it and that usually fixes it.

This happens if you ignored a major update prompt, and then DO a minor update. The minor updates assume that you have installed the previous major update. Installing the Stand-Alone Addon Manager it's the same that redoing a previous major update you skipped in the past.