Author Topic: Swissport at EGBB  (Read 2771 times)

Madair01

Swissport at EGBB
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:49:45 pm »
Using GSX with UK2000 EGBB Extreme I get Swissport at every location which is unrealistic given I do not believe they operate from EGBB at all. Mostly Servisair. I have read the paint kit several times and have tried to modify the config files but only when I amend every one and even then when I did the same on my main computer I lost a baggage loader. I have since reinstalled and am back at default. I am sorry if I am missing something here but would appreciate some advice please?

Martin Madden

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Swissport at EGBB
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:22:31 am »
Using GSX with UK2000 EGBB Extreme I get Swissport at every location which is unrealistic given I do not believe they operate from EGBB at all.

According to Swissport site, they do:

http://www.swissport.com/index.php?id=4&level=country&continentId=4&countryId=72
http://www.swissport.com/network/network-detail/?busiId=396&cHash=30c33e9ec33a292108c9870583135912

I have read the paint kit several times and have tried to modify the config files but only when I amend every one and even then when I did the same on my main computer I lost a baggage loader

You surely did something wrong, but it's impossible to say without checking all your files. Note that, if you want to change assignment for a livery that already exist in GSX, you would use only the *documentation* included in the PaintKit (to understand what to do), the additional USER objects should be used only to add new liveries.

If you only want to control airport assignment for an existing livery, such as Servisair in this case, you must act on the default GSX files, and add EGBB code in every [Fltsim.XX] section dedicated to Servisair, in the sim.cfg of every vehicle that has a Servisair section.

Madair01

Re: Swissport at EGBB
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:26:10 am »
Thanks Umberto

I did leave the User files alone for the reason you stated. Otherwise I believe I did as you have stated but I will try again. As well as modifying the Serviceair sim cfg I also removed EGBB from Swissport both completely but also trying EG on its own. I don't understand how I would lose the front loader but this happened twice. Fortunately I had copied the original sim cfg so could restore to default. I will try again.

EGBB is my local airport and I fly from there quite often. I don't recall seeing Swissport traffic but I am flying from there in a couple of weeks and will make a point of looking.

Martin Madden 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:30:37 am by Madair01 »