Author Topic: Invisible pushback since v1.8  (Read 3255 times)

brian747

Invisible pushback since v1.8
« on: September 27, 2013, 12:18:44 pm »
Hi!

I have a weird problem since I installed v1.8: suddenly the pushback happens as usual, but the staff and vehicles doing it are invisible.

Boarding, cargo handling, and so on don't seem to be affected: those vehicles and personnel are reassuringly present.

The only other strange thing I have noticed is that I have searched my entire C: drive and I can't find a gsx.cfg file anywhere, but I don't know whether I had one previously.

I did try running the vehicles update as well, and also a full reinstall of the AddonManager (which confirms that the product is ACTIVE), but with the same result.

Any advice would be most welcome!    :)

Cheers,

Brian
Intel i7 11700KF | NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti | 32Gb 3200MHz RAM | 2½ Tb Samsung SSDs | 14Tb HDDs | Acer 34" 3440x1440 G-Sync | Elgato Stream Deck XL | VRinsight EFIS/MCP/COM Boeing v2 | Thrustmaster Warthog stick+throttles | Precision Simulator X 747-400 professional simulator | MSFS 2020 scenery generator

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible pushback since v1.8
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:38 pm »
I have a weird problem since I installed v1.8: suddenly the pushback happens as usual, but the staff and vehicles doing it are invisible.

Doesn't happen here, and can't be possibly related to the update, since nothing at all has changed in the pushback.

That's not of course anything related to activation of the Addon Manager or anything like that. Without activation, GSX would work in full at the Trial or FSDT airports only, and if there was a problem with the software not running correctly (like antivirus, or similar) nothing would work.

It's not a GSX.CFG issue either because, the only thing a GSX.CFG for an airplane controls in the pushback, is the nose distance to set the truck attach point.

Invisible objects are usually caused by video settings, problems with tweaks, video memory corrupted, too much vram used by other add-ons, etc. Fact that you noticed after the update was just a coincidence.

Try to remove your FSX.CFG located under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX so FSX will rebuild it with default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX tweak.

brian747

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:19:34 pm »
Thank you for your swift reply, Umberto!  :-)

Yes, understood: it looks like something seriously wacky is going on. The only problem is that as far as I can see (so far) it's the *only* weird thing.....   8-\

Anyway if/when I can find out what fixed it, I'll post back here.

Cheers,

Brian
Intel i7 11700KF | NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti | 32Gb 3200MHz RAM | 2½ Tb Samsung SSDs | 14Tb HDDs | Acer 34" 3440x1440 G-Sync | Elgato Stream Deck XL | VRinsight EFIS/MCP/COM Boeing v2 | Thrustmaster Warthog stick+throttles | Precision Simulator X 747-400 professional simulator | MSFS 2020 scenery generator

brian747

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 08:33:58 am »
This was solved by a *complete* (i.e. not just the AddonManager) uninstall and reinstall.

Cheers,

Brian