Author Topic: DE ice vehicles  (Read 3552 times)

ashj24uk

DE ice vehicles
« on: October 06, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
Hi we all know that winter is approaching fast and i would like to know if thier will be added proper de ice vehicles  out in an update?

jakecreates

Re: DE ice vehicles
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:41:16 pm »
Hi Ash,
Couldn't agree more I know they are in progress but its winter time now and it would be great to see them make an appearance. I assume this is probably one of the harder things to model due to the spray but it would be nice to see some less advanced versions available for use. Also when can we expect an appearance from the cleaners?
Thanks
Jacob

Dominato83

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:29:47 pm »
I've only been on this forum for a few months, but I've seen this topic brought up so many times.  They are coming in a future update, but remember, they are busy with KIAH work too.  Considering how no one has dared to touch it before because of the resources needed, they probably don't have that much spare time to work with GSX when they have to provide support here, and they have to work on KIAH.

Happy Flights

Eric

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 08:32:30 pm »
I agree. I really don't know why it's so hard to make de-icing, they make new cargo holders and loaders.. etc, but they just won't make de-icing for some reason.

Everytime somebody asks, all they say is "We will get to it".

When will you get to it?

ashj24uk

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:51:34 pm »
It fair enough that they have real life commitments but they had time to work on cargo lifts etc im sure they could do de ice vehicles as well and as pointed out they say its coming but when? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »
As explained, many times already, we have a very strict priority:

Whenever a bug is found, the top priority is to fix a bug first.

Each time someone reports a problem, here or by email, which might not be strictly a GSX "fault" (for example, corrupted AFCADs, illegal sceneries, interference by other programs), even if a temporary workaround is given here, it doesn't mean we don't keep working in the background to *prevent* the thing to happen, and make GSX more resilient to problems, even caused by external products and/or strange/unusual/faulty sceneries.

This result in the GSX development team to stop adding whatever new feature is planned next, and work on the issue first.

Even if new features are really meant to find new customers, which might be beneficial for us in the *short* term, we will always give precedence to fixing bugs, because they affect existing customers the most, and this is best in the *long* term, because GSX is here to stay, and will hopefully be supported for years to come. Which means, new vehicles and services WILL come, but not at the expense of the program stability.