Author Topic: Problems activating Jetway  (Read 2633 times)

mroschk

Problems activating Jetway
« on: September 25, 2013, 12:51:59 pm »
Hello,

sometimes i have Problems activating the Jetways. ( using P3D )

The Jetway are working at the Position but sometimes i am only 1 meter too far from the Point
where the Jetway is working.

So i want to ask if it is possible for GSX to know if the Jetway is working ( because some are not working ) and
if yes if it is possible to have a Scenerie Marker at the Graound for the Fromt Gear?
I think about a litle Marker at the ground only visible when reaching the Position.

Is that possible?

Thx
Matthias

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems activating Jetway
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »
As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

They continue to work (or not) as they always did. Installing GSX won't change anything about how jetways operate. The only form of interaction, is that GSX can detect if a native FSX jetway is present on a given parking, by looking at the scenery AFCAD, or it can customized by you, to indicate which parking spots have jetways, if you use a scenery with static jetways which can't be detected automatically.

This is done ONLY to prevent the generation of front stairs and the passenger bus, nothing more. There are no other interactions between GSX and jetways and, GSX can't possibly know, automatically, if on a specific parking the central position will be correct in order to have the animation started, because this changes depending on parking radius, jetway origin position in the parking, proximity of other jetways nearby and radius of the nearby parkings AND the airplane reference point and the location of the Exits in the airplane.cfg.

Is not really possible to anticipate IF that jetway will work, without trying.

BUT, in future releases, we are planning an update that will allow users to freely place docking systems or marshalers AND define the exact parking position so, at least, you might be able to customize it if a parking has a problem when the airplane is parked in the default position (the center of the airplane in the center of the parking)

mroschk

Re: Problems activating Jetway
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 06:22:50 pm »
Hello,

ahh, thaks a lot for that answer and sorry if i ask something which is asked many times before.

So i will wait for the feuture Releases.

Thanks
Matthias