Author Topic: use GSX options using shortcuts?  (Read 4023 times)

Ifikratis

use GSX options using shortcuts?
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:54:15 pm »
Hi all,

I am facing with a problem that is not directly linked to GSX, but using GSX creates a crash. I am using the ENB mod bun in some add-on aircrafts, when I select some options using the Shift+F12 control window gives a CTD in the simulator (Prepar3D). As I understand the problem is that I have to use a new window. If I could assign specific controls like 'Request Boarding' etc. using shorcuts, I think everything would be ok with the mod. I do not plan to switch between Window and Fullscreen during a flight.

Your support would be really helpful.

Best regards,
Ifikratis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: use GSX options using shortcuts?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:21:11 pm »
Your message is not very clear: are you mentioning ENB, to imply the crash doesn't happen if you don't use it ?

Ifikratis

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:40:02 pm »
Hello sir,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.
Yes, there is not a GSX crash. The sim can crash even if I try to enter window mode using some add-ons airplanes. if I remove ENB it doesn't happen. I am aksing because I want to use the ENB mod and GSX. If it was possible to set some shortcuts instead of using the GSX control window I would avoid the crash.

Also, the aircraft's panel windows start normaly even using the ENB mod, if I select some panel 2D view from the menu/view bar. Even FS2Crew panel opens without any crash.
However Shift+F12, witch brings the GSX control window, creates a crash. (Again its not a GSX 'problem', its ENB's fault, I am just asking because other 2D panels open without crash).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:42:59 pm by Ifikratis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 05:59:51 pm »
I'm sorry, but we can't obviously change the way GSX operates "just" because another product (which is not even an FSX add-on. ENB is DESIGNED FOR GTA4!) cause a crash to any window (not just GSX one, according to your report) that gets opened.

The 2D gauges are entirely different way of drawing windows, they are related to DirectX, that's why they might not cause problems with ENB.

The GSX Windows are not even opened by GSX, which only use standard/official Simconnect commands to request the sim to open a menu. And here, there's a difference between P3D and FSX. P3D use an entirely different menu/UI system and, in fact, has a bug when opening a menu, which cause the sim to lost focus unless you click on the menu again to process keys.

This doesn't happen in FSX, it's something specific to P3D, Not sure if this has anything to do with ENB, but it might, perhaps the different way P3D creates a menu, have an affect on ENB, I don't think the crash in the menu creation is just a coincidence.

We reported this bug to LM a long time ago, they acknowledged the problem but said it wouldn't be an easy fix, so we can only hope they'll fix it in the next version.

Ifikratis

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »
Thank you very much sir for your extensive reply.

Of course, I fully understand ENB is not an FSX add-on, so I do not expect to change GSX for that.
I just asked to find out if there is that possibility with the current GSX install.

Thank you very much again, I will wait for any update from Prepar3D..

Best regards,
Ifikratis