Author Topic: General question regarding Fsdreamteam sceneries  (Read 3560 times)

Peter Lund

General question regarding Fsdreamteam sceneries
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:57:49 am »
Hi Guys,
I got a question that I wanted to ask for a loooong time regard fsdreamteam sceneries:

For a long time I wished that the distance that the airport becomes visible and "Sharp" got inceased. The other day I managed (but I donĀ“t know how), but unfortunately I had to change it back since the panels became soft/unsharp.
So what is it I need to change in order to get the visiblity up without ending with a blurry texted cockpit ?.
I got a Nvidia graphic Card if it helps.

Best regards

Peter Lund
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 10:59:31 am by Peter Lund »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: General question regarding Fsdreamteam sceneries
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 12:03:39 pm »
That's not really something specific to FSDT sceneries, but it's a general video card settings quality issue. Yes, you'll notice it more with sceneries that, for example, use custom ground and runway texture

It's likely you set video settings to default, which is not ideal for FSX.

The video setting that affect texture quality the most in FSX is the Anisotropic filtering. Set it to 8x or 16x, and be sure you set it to Override/Force the application setting. This is done in the Video card Control Panel.

In FSX, you can use the Addon Manager to set texture quality and HD textures. Our latest sceneries use 4096x4096 texture so, you must turn them on, in order to see the scenery with the resolution it was designed for.

Peter Lund

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:57 am »
Thanks Umberto,
That helped  :)

Best regards

Peter Lund

Lude2Envy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:02:23 am »
That's not really something specific to FSDT sceneries, but it's a general video card settings quality issue. Yes, you'll notice it more with sceneries that, for example, use custom ground and runway texture

It's likely you set video settings to default, which is not ideal for FSX.

The video setting that affect texture quality the most in FSX is the Anisotropic filtering. Set it to 8x or 16x, and be sure you set it to Override/Force the application setting. This is done in the Video card Control Panel.

In FSX, you can use the Addon Manager to set texture quality and HD textures. Our latest sceneries use 4096x4096 texture so, you must turn them on, in order to see the scenery with the resolution it was designed for.

I like using the 2048 textures since there isn't much difference and the performance is better, especially with Vancouver, but I want to keep the TML at 4096 for my PMDG aircraft. Is there a way to do this? If you select 2048 in the Addon Manager I believe it changes the TML in the fsx.cfg. Is this correct?
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »
I like using the 2048 textures since there isn't much difference and the performance is better, especially with Vancouver, but I want to keep the TML at 4096 for my PMDG aircraft. Is there a way to do this? If you select 2048 in the Addon Manager I believe it changes the TML in the fsx.cfg. Is this correct?

Yes, the Addon Manager value is NOT an "Addon Manager thing". It IS the TML. It's just the Addon Manager allows to change it without restarting FSX, because on top of changing the FSX.CFG, it ALSO writes the value in memory. Other than that, it's the plain/standard TML setting.

What you can do can be easily achieved by reinstalling CYVR and choosing your preferred textures size to be installed.

This was made for the precise reason to allow users to keep the TML at 4096 (perhaps to use some HD airplane liveries, HD clouds, etc.), but have CYVR at a different resolution because, if a 2048 or 1024 texture is installed, it will display at *that* size, even if the TML is set at 4096.