Author Topic: FSX couatl CTD with Aerosoft Airbus X  (Read 6365 times)

Patrick1246

FSX couatl CTD with Aerosoft Airbus X
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:43 pm »
Good Day,

My FSX CTD always when saving a Panel State with the Aerosoft Airbus X, after click on save, I get this Message I click on Close, my FSX Crash.

Latest standalone Manager is installed.

Any ideas how to solve it ?

regards
Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX couatl CTD with Aerosoft Airbus X
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »
That message also said to check the error details in the Couatl.ERR file. Have you done that ? What it's content ?

Patrick1246

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:57:20 am »
couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Sun Jul 28 15:58:38 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 417, in checkAirplane
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 641, in brakesPosition
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 30, in _executeCalculatorCode
NameError: global name 'logColor' is not defined

Thats the error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:00:09 pm »
Try to Reset the airplane configuration to the default one that comes with GSX, using the Reset option in the airplane configuration menu.

Patrick1246

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
Doesn't work Umberto,  as Airbus Tester its important to save the state for debugging, but allways the same error, I click on "OK" and the FSX Crash. :( look like your script doesn't like the Aerosoft Panel Feature.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »
So, it's happening ONLY when you use the Save state function ? Does it work during regular operations ?

look like your script doesn't like the Aerosoft Panel Feature.

Searching the Aerosoft support forum, it seems that the product itself doesn't like its own save/load panel state feature: a lof of the support questions are related to problems with that function.

Patrick1246

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 01:50:54 pm »
As Supporter I can say the Panel State Load/Save function works very good  ;)

normaly a Aircraft Feature should not affect GSX or your pirate protection  ;)

So, it's happening ONLY when you use the Save state function ? Does it work during regular operations ?

Yes, but on ground panel save state work without problems, only in the air I have the error and the CTD

couatl v2.0 (build 2348)
panic log started on Tue Jul 30 12:27:23 2013
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 522, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 475, in checkOnGroundState
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 417, in checkAirplane
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 641, in brakesPosition
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 30, in _executeCalculatorCode

A different error today  ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:17:10 pm »
As Supporter I can say the Panel State Load/Save function works very good  ;)

As a casual browser of the Aerosoft forum, I can say the forum is littered with users reporting problems with that function. Just look at the forum for proof.

normally a Aircraft Feature should not affect GSX or your pirate protection  ;)

Of out all the possible urban legends about piracy protection, I find this the most imaginative one: how one could even think this would have anything to do with piracy protection, is really beyond me.

This thing that "Couatl is used for piracy protection", with users relate anything to the protection, sometimes borderlines superstition: do you realize the WHOLE GSX program, and it's a fairly complex one, is a program written entirely with the Python language, and Couatl.EXE is the language interpreter for it ?

Like any other program out there, it might have quirks and bugs, and considering what GSX does and how complex is and with how many different (and bugged too) airplanes and sceneries it has to deal with, it's reasonably stable, that doesn't mean that EVERY error you see coming out from it, should have anything to do with piracy protection "because it's happening in Couatl".

Just to make it even more clear: if it wasn't running inside the Couatl interpreter and, for example, we wrote it as a C++ DLL module, instead of that harmless and logged error message, we would have probably crashed the whole FSX with it. That's the main advantage of using Python, which is an interpreted language (Couatl.exe is the interpreter for it), it's usually very safe, even when a running program has an error, it's usually harmless and will not hard crash a PC, unlike C++ for example.

Yes, but on ground panel save state work without problems, only in the air I have the error and the CTD

So, it's ONLY happening when Saving the panel state, and it's ONLY happening when flying ? This is strange, because I would expect exactly the opposite: GSX is entirely disabled when the airplane is flying. But maybe this has something to do with the Save

A different error today

It's still exactly the same error about the log color not defined, just happening in a different situation. Is still happening only when saving the panel state while in-flight ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:47:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:57:34 pm »
In any case, I just tried the Save User State function, both on ground and in flight, and there are no problems and no errors message.

However, I'm not sure if that function works at all, because if I try to load one of the default states like taxi or take-off state, all MCDU becomes black, and this seems to be a common problem. So, it's possible I can't even reach the point where GSX gives the error, because my Load and Save panel state functions are not even working entirely.

Patrick1246

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 03:28:16 pm »
Umberto, it works without problems, it needs few second to load the state.

Short video with the issue, save on ground works, but reload the plane not really  :-[

ignore the other error

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 04:13:24 pm »
Umberto, it works without problems, it needs few second to load the state.

It doesn't work here, even when waiting a minute, the MCDU stays entirely blank.

I'm referring just to Loading one of the supplied Panel States, like take off or taxi.

If you read the Aerosoft forum, there are many users having exactly the same issue, I seem to recall it had something to do with the language, and my Windows is in Italian and my FSX too, and this is a very well known issue on all italian forums I know of regarding the Aerosoft Airbus, something having to do with different folders used by different version of the OS and FSX, and the airplane is confused by this.

I can save a state and load it back, but really have no idea if it's working or not, because there's not much feedback, except the dialog asking for the filename, which seems to work. Again, no GSX crashes when doing this, either in flight or on ground.

Short video with the issue, save on ground works, but reload the plane not really

There wasn't any need to make a video, I obviously believe you, but I can't replicate it.

As I've said, it's possible I can't replicate it because if my Load/Save state function doesn't work at all, so I can't even reach the point where it would eventually crash GSX.

The only thing certain, the Save/Load Panel function of the Aerosoft Airbus, is known to be very quirky, regardless if GSX is used or not, otherwise you wouldn't seen so many message on Aerosoft forum about it.