Author Topic: Pushback customization  (Read 2657 times)

flynryan692

Pushback customization
« on: July 16, 2013, 03:17:00 am »
I'm not sure if this was suggested, but I think it would be HUGE for GSX.

Currently GSX allows us to customize the gates so push back in certain directions, has a jetway or stairs and so on, perhaps the next step could be allowing us to customize the pushback process. Currently GSX just follows the AFCAD file, which is ok sometimes, but I find most of the time the push back pushes me into odd areas, takes too long because it is trying to push me way back out on a taxiway, or glitches up in tight areas. If we had the ability to use a graphical editor to draw the course it should pushback the aircraft instead of using the afcad we could create and share more realistic pushback profiles for airports. Store the pushback info in the same .ini files the other customizations are saved in and people could release a full airport customization.

Just a thought, I'm no coding expert so I don't know what this would require, but it would be cool and I hope FSDT will at least look at doing this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback customization
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 11:00:21 am »
GSX already support a custom Pushback (we use it at our airports) but it's a programming only feature that is not accessible to users, a graphical user interface has been discussed and we would really like to have it, but it's not the easiest thing to do.