Author Topic: GSX activation at FSDreamTeam Airports  (Read 9027 times)

andqui

GSX activation at FSDreamTeam Airports
« on: July 16, 2013, 05:29:03 am »
I just moved to FSX from FS9 and am looking at the new goodies I can get, such as GSX. I have several FSDT Airports installed, and am having trouble getting them to work for free with GSX, as advertised on the product page. When I pick an airport, lets take LSZH as an example, and hit ctrl+F12, I get two options: 1. GSX - Trial mode menu and 2. Zurich Kloten Intl Airport.

The second option seems to be for controlling airport details, like the terminal sunshades (youcontrol, I think it was called?). The trial mode menu gives me the option to jump to EDDM/KSFO/LIML. There is no option to use the facilities at the FSDT airport. How do I do this? I also have Aerosoft's EDDM and Flightbeam's KSFO installed, and the GSX product works beautifully when I try it there in the trial menu, so it seems to be installed correctly.

So, to summarize, I am able to use GSX at the three trial airports, and it works great, but I can't find the option to use it at the FSDT airports in the same way. Did I misunderstand that GSX was free to use at FSDT airports, is something wrong with my install, or am I missing an interface option somewhere?

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX activation at FSDreamTeam Airports
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:57:43 am »
GSX surely works at all FSDT airports without requiring a registration or doing anything different than the other Trial airports.

Your problem might be caused by an AFCAD conflict, GSX check the AFCAD in use to see which scenery you are flying on. If there's an AFCAD conflict and your currently active AFCAD is not the one that comes with Zurich, GSX won't work "for free", because it can't "see" FSDT Zurich as active.

Try the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates at LSZH and remove them. Also, check the "GSX - Customize parking positions" option to open the scenery editor, it will display the name of the currently active AFCAD.

andqui

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »
That explains it. I had modified the AFCADS for my use and renamed them. What I then did is run the GSX setup again, which replaced the default AFCAD files, and I then disabled them and renamed my edits to the original names. Now the problem is that GSX is still looking for the old, changed AFCAD name and puts out this error:

"SYstem error while accessing file C:/FLight Simulator X/FSDreamteam/KLAS/scenery/AF2_KLAS.bgl: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified (system:2)"

The file is missing because I renamed it to the original "AP_KLAS.bgl". How do I get GSX to "re-scan" the active AFCADs and rebuild it's cache so it stops looking for the incorrect name?

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 12:20:28 am »
That explains it. I had modified the AFCADS for my use and renamed them

Yes, if you rename an FSDT AFCAD, GSX will not work there in free mode anymore. Of course, if you purchase GSX, it will work on any scenery that has a legal AFCAD, which includes FSDT sceneries with renamed files.

"SYstem error while accessing file C:/FLight Simulator X/FSDreamteam/KLAS/scenery/AF2_KLAS.bgl: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the file specified (system:2)"

This seems to indicate you were renaming when FSX was still running. Try after a Windows restart.

How do I get GSX to "re-scan" the active AFCADs and rebuild it's cache so it stops looking for the incorrect name?

Nothing, it's done automatically, because GSX checks the FSX cache to know when its time to rebuild its own cache so, if FSX has updated the Scenery Library, GSX should do it too.