Author Topic: not all parking spots appear as selectable  (Read 3705 times)

newtie

not all parking spots appear as selectable
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:12:23 pm »
Hi-

I'm using AivlaSoft EFB and not sure whether the problem is related to them or FSDT. I'm looking at the airport diagram in EFB and most of the parking spots there (ex: A29, B28 and C27) do not appear in the airport/runway selection drop down list. As mentioned above, does this have to do with the way FSDT handles this (if at all) or an AivlaSoft issue? Thought I'd try here first.

Thanks,
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: not all parking spots appear as selectable
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:53:31 pm »
Do you see them in the FSX "Go To airport" menu ? If yes (but of course, they are...) that means the AFCAD is legal for FSX and any other 3rd party product that is reading from it is not processing it correctly.

In any case, there's nothing unusual or strange in our AFCAD: they are 100% standard FSX AFCADs, compiled with the official BGLCOMP from the FSX SDK.

The only thing to note is that we flag them all as "GA parking" or "GA ramp", in order to get rid of the default ground vehicles, but that's a common method used by other developers too and shouldn't be a problem for any product that is supposed to display parkings from any AFCAD. If it were, that tool might not work with a GA airport where most of the parkings are supposed to be flagged like that.

pcubine

Re: not all parking spots appear as selectable
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:32:07 pm »
Hi-

I'm using AivlaSoft EFB and not sure whether the problem is related to them or FSDT. I'm looking at the airport diagram in EFB and most of the parking spots there (ex: A29, B28 and C27) do not appear in the airport/runway selection drop down list. As mentioned above, does this have to do with the way FSDT handles this (if at all) or an AivlaSoft issue? Thought I'd try here first.

Thanks,
Mark

To find the gate in the drop down list you need to convert the letter to a number. A=1, B=2, C=3 and so on. If you wanted to find A29 it would be listed as 129 and C27 as 327.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD