Author Topic: NGX Configuration Error - New/Unexpected Problem  (Read 2523 times)

ESzczesniak

NGX Configuration Error - New/Unexpected Problem
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »
I've used GSX for a while, always allowing default GSX settings for the PMDG NGX (which is well supported).  Recently, I came back to flying the NGX and am finding this when using GSX.  To be clear, the cargo loaders have always been conveyor belts in the past and they are now much too high for the cargo holds.  While not shown in the picture, that catering vehicles also are way up in the air and the rear left stairs are a bit high.  Oddly, the front (1R, 1L) exits are higher than the rear (4R, 4L).

I did not consciously make any changes to GSX.  I have recently installed JFK v2 and FB KIAD, although I don't expect this to make a difference.  I have tried reinstalling GSX and deleting the configuration file in the appdata/roaming/virtuali/NGX (forget the exact extension of the NGX folder).  Neither have had any effect.  Any suggestions how to resolve this issue?  I never had problems with the default configuration and would like to return to that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: NGX Configuration Error - New/Unexpected Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 11:53:55 am »
I did not consciously make any changes to GSX.

deleting the configuration file in the appdata/roaming/virtuali/NGX (forget the exact extension of the NGX folder)

If you HAD a configuration file for the NGX in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\Airplanes folder (this is the correct folder), it means you HAVE configured the airplane using the editor, or you downloaded a file shared here. On a fresh GSX install, no .INI files for airplanes are installed.

Both are not needed for the NGX, since it's natively supported so, you must simply be sure that no .INI files for the NGX are present in the %APPDATA%\virtuali\Airplanes folder, and if you have multiple folders, you must remove them all, for each NGX variant.

And, you will probably have to re-select your airplane again OR use the "Restart Couatl" option in the Couatl main menu, otherwise the changes won't be applied.