Author Topic: GSX not reading different scenery  (Read 3055 times)

FsXPiLoT

GSX not reading different scenery
« on: June 24, 2013, 06:58:17 pm »
Hey,

I used to have a freeware scenery for KMIA, and GSX worked Fine, then when I deleted the scenery out of my FSX and put in a new version of KMIA freeware scenery, when I try to start GSX is says unable to read ..KMIA_ADEX_JB_OBJ. Which has already been deleted from my FSX.

Thanks in Advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not reading different scenery
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 07:01:33 pm »
when I try to start GSX is says unable to read ..KMIA_ADEX_JB_OBJ. Which has already been deleted from my FSX.

Try after a Windows restart. If you still had that message, it means you have another copy (perhaps corrupted) of that file, in a different folder. If you enable Logging from the "GSX Settings" menu, you might have an better indication of where that file is located.

FsXPiLoT

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 04:55:37 pm »
I found a file named kmia-yerxo - and in it states

[general]
afcad_path = C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Addon Scenery/scenery/KMIA_ADEX_JB.BGL

So should I just delete this? And let it Redo itself?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:57:52 pm »
I found a file named kmia-yerxo - and in it states

That's not the file I was referring to. You found this file INSIDE the GSX sub-folder of the folder that is supposed to contain the Couatl.LOG file that will be created IF you enable Logging from the from the "GSX Settings" menu. This file, instead, it's just a GSX customization file you created for that scenery.

As I've said,  enable Logging from the "GSX Settings" menu, then exit FSX, restart it, and then check the parent folder, which is %APPDATA%\Virtuali, that should contain a Couatl.LOG file, which might indicate a possible problem with one of your scenery file/folders.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:59:30 pm by virtuali »