Author Topic: Issue with activating Flight Beam airports  (Read 3262 times)

waleed

Issue with activating Flight Beam airports
« on: June 18, 2013, 04:58:14 pm »
I re-installed KSFO, KPHX, and installed newly released KIAD.
I am unable to register the codes in fsx for any of the three airports and cannot figure out why.

I installed the latest add on manager and everything works as it should until I push the register button on any Flight Beam airport.
FSX pauses, but no pop up window for activation shows up.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Waleed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Issue with activating Flight Beam airports
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:06:30 am »
I installed the latest add on manager and everything works as it should until I push the register button on any Flight Beam airport. FSX pauses, but no pop up window for activation shows up.

If you don't see the registration dialog, the problem is never the Addon Manager but, it's another add-on you have that has "stolen" the window focus to force itself on the foreground, so the dialog is probably there, but you can't see it because it has been sent behind the FSX window by such other add-on.

Programs known to cause this problems are usually online flying clients with chat windows that force themselves on the front.

Close all of them to do the registration. And/or, use CTRL+TAB to bring the registration window back on the foreground.

waleed

Re: Issue with activating Flight Beam airports
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:35:12 am »
Umberto, thanks for the heads up.

It turns out to be VA interface?   I use an FMC on an Ipad for the NGX, and the connection client? was running.

All registered now lol, thanks again.