Author Topic: Permission To Run "Couatl"  (Read 5301 times)

canadagoose

Permission To Run "Couatl"
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:46:11 am »
When starting FSX I'm getting a popup message - "Flight Simulator is attempting to start "Couatl" (v2.0.0.2348, config entry number 1). Do you want to run program". Not sure what to do about this. I have the latest standalone addon manager and I have excluded the couatl.exe file in my antivirus as well. Is there a way of stopping the popup? It's no big deal either, as I just accept the request and everything loads normally.

Regards,
Tom

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Permission To Run "Couatl"
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 11:10:14 am »
Yes you want to run it and then when it ask if you want to run it every time, you want to answer yes to that as well. Once you do those two things it wont ask again, at least not until you either install a new FSDT scenery or install a new version of Addon Manager.

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 07:04:33 pm »
Thanks for the quick response. When it asks if I want to run the program I click yes. It does not give me the choice to run everytime. Just the initial choice as in my original message. It continues to popup though each time. No biggie I can live with it.

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 11:26:53 pm »
Thanks for the quick response. When it asks if I want to run the program I click yes. It does not give me the choice to run everytime.

That's not normal. Is that a Windows dialog (a dialog that looks like a normal Windows one) or it's an FSX dialog ?

canadagoose

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 04:41:39 am »
It appears to be an FSX Dialog.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 11:41:44 am »
It appears to be an FSX Dialog.

Maybe the problem is caused by another Addon that has accessed the FSX.CFG for write, so FSX can't store the preference to authorize the module. In any case, it's nothing that's related to any of our software, since the trust system in FSX works entirely outside our control, if you reply Yes to the question to run the module at each start, FSX will handle it on its own.