Author Topic: Jet ways not operating  (Read 3317 times)

sourwop

Jet ways not operating
« on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:49 pm »
I ran into this before but cant remember what the problem was. None of the jetways will operate at any of the FSDT airports. Activate GSX after parked it says dont forget to operate, I hit ctrl J and nothing. It is after I activate the de-boarding.

Any ideas?

FSX/ACCEL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jet ways not operating
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 11:49:50 am »
As explained, in the manual and many times already on the forum, jetways are *entirely* separate from GSX. GSX doesn't affect, doesn't control and doesn't change anything related to jetways. They will continue to operate (or not) just like as they did before.

Jetways at FSDT airports should always work (again, if they don't, it's NOT a GSX problem) with the default CTRL+J key, provided:

- You (or another add-on) haven't redefined that key to be something else

- The "Advanced animations" flag in the graphic settings is enabled

- The airplane you use has doors listed in its aircraft.cfg using the correct FSX format which includes the position. Airplanes converted from FS9 as they were, needs to be edited to add the proper door location.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »
Also check your front wheel position.  If you overshoot your stop point by too much, the jetway won't come to you.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

sourwop

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 02:27:36 pm »
I do appoligise, I have been in flight sim world since 1980, and have seen a pletheral of problems evolve over the years. I should have stated clearly that I have read the manuals which I do with most products, I have checked settings. This is a new problem and yes it also does the same with other scenery/airports. The last major thing  installed was Vancouver airport, prior to that VRS new tact pack/F18. I fully understand this is not a GSX problem as stated thus far. I am basing my inquiry on events that have evolved or additions to FSX I made since the problem occured.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »
If all your animated jetways at all airports have stopped to work, that can be caused by on of the 3 items I've explained in the previous message, plus of course the one added by Bruce, that jetways might not activate if you are not in the correct position (stopped too early or too late).

The only sure thing, it can't be caused by any of our installers. In fact, one of the things that might go wrong, which is the missing "Advanced Animations" flag, is being set to the correct (enabled) value by the GSX installer, in case you turned it off inadvertently.