Author Topic: Cannot download GSX  (Read 5101 times)

jeffeven

Cannot download GSX
« on: January 16, 2013, 07:24:56 am »
Have been trying all day but cannot download GSX.  I get an Internet Explorer note that says "waiting for response from DreamTeam..."  Is there an alternate download site.  I plan to buy today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot download GSX
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »
Have been trying all day but cannot download GSX.  I get an Internet Explorer note that says "waiting for response from DreamTeam..."  Is there an alternate download site. 

I don't know why IE is waiting the FSDT server, considering the download is not even there, but it's on Mediafire. Could be your ISP/router/connection is blocking Mediafire for some reason ?

Try to clear your browser cache, or try with another browser.

I've checked the link now, just to be sure, and the download start immediately, and nobody else reported a problem.

jeffeven

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »
Just downloaded and installed Firefox and still get the same message.  Have cleared my explorer cache and the download still directs to FSDreamteam.  Any suggestions?  Is there a way I can download directly from the server without going through the dreamteam site?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »
Any suggestions?  Is there a way I can download directly from the server without going through the dreamteam site?

But the problem is exactly that you *can't* download directly from the server (mediafire). If you couldn't access the *fsdt* server, we wouldn't had this conversation, because the forum it's there, but not the downloads.

Anyway, this is the direct link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rbbbtzuim526m6e

jeffeven

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »
Grazie, Umberto.  Downloaded fine.

jeffeven

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 10:07:59 pm »
More problems...  downloaded installer and after I ran it nothing was there (see attachment).  I thought maybe the  download was corrupted so I uninstalled GSX and went to re-download the installer and now  I can't get into the Mediafire link you sent me.  I'm not a novice.  Have been simming for almost 20 years and download and install FS programs often.  Thanks in advance for your help.

jeffeven

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 10:31:47 pm »
Forgot attachment

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 10:38:10 pm »
More problems...  downloaded installer and after I ran it nothing was there (see attachment)

I don't understand what that screenshot is supposed to indicate. But the most common cause of a removed download as soon as it ended, is a bug of your antivirus, that has mistakenly detected the program as a threat (it obviously isn't, it's a false positive) and remove it.

As explained many times on the forum, always turn off the antivirus when downloading and installing and, before launching FSX for the first time, configure the antivirus to ignore the following files:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

can't get into the Mediafire link you sent me

The link is working correctly, and there are more than 30 people that are downlading right *now* so, the problem is entirely on your end.

Try to remove all cookies from mediafire.com and try again.