Author Topic: GSX crashes couatl.exe  (Read 5622 times)

data63

GSX crashes couatl.exe
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:36 pm »
Hi!

it seems, that GSX crashes the COUATL.exe at certain airports (e.g. new EDDL by Aerosoft)
the couatl.log shows that the AFCAD is recognised and then COUATL.exe crashes without any notice   :'( - leaving me without FSDT sceneries or XPOI

there seems to be something related with the building/rebuilding the GSX Cache-Files - if i delete the files GSX starts to rebuild and the COUATL.exe crashes mostly leaving a 0-byte meta.txt

any idea?

Happy Landings

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes couatl.exe
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
it seems, that GSX crashes the COUATL.exe at certain airports (e.g. new EDDL by Aerosoft)

You mean "the Airport AFCAD is crashing GSX"...this of course because you said it only happens on certain airports.

there seems to be something related with the building/rebuilding the GSX Cache-Files - if i delete the files GSX starts to rebuild and the COUATL.exe crashes mostly leaving a 0-byte meta.txt

Maybe you have a permission problem in your folder, try to remove the FSX scenery cache again, and run FSX As Administrator at least once, and see if GSX is able to create the cache correctly now.

data63

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »

You mean "the Airport AFCAD is crashing GSX"...this of course because you said it only happens on certain airports.

Maybe you have a permission problem in your folder, try to remove the FSX scenery cache again, and run FSX As Administrator at least once, and see if GSX is able to create the cache correctly now.

you mean I also should remove the FSX scenery cache (not only the GSX one)  - I'll try that (hopefully) tomorrow

Thanks and happy landings!!

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:32:58 pm »
you mean I also should remove the FSX scenery cache (not only the GSX one)  - I'll try that (hopefully) tomorrow

By removing the FSX Scenery cache, you force GSX to rebuild its own too, so the two should be surely in sync.

data63

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 09:34:06 pm »
I rebuild the Scenery Indexes and GSX Indexes - all goes well - ...until I use an Aerosoft airport with an AFCAD in the aerosoft/afd directory (AFCAD is heavily edited!) - but no bad issues shown by ADE maybe some nearby Nodes

may there be an issue with the AFCAD being in another DIR tzannthe Scenery or with a scenery supported be GSX with an altered AFCAD name....

I'm tryin to track that down !!

Happy landings!

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »
Have you edited the AFCAD yourself ? What happens if you use the AFCAD that comes with the scenery ?

data63

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 11:03:02 pm »
Have you edited the AFCAD yourself ? What happens if you use the AFCAD that comes with the scenery ?

same - tried it with the original an my own edit

next i'll try is to put the AFCADs into the scenery folders instead the AFD folder

thank's for your help  :)

Juergen

data63

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »
Hi Virtuali!

seems I finally found the culprit  ;D

looks like "German Landmark X" does/has something which crashes couatl.exe when GSX is active.
I deactivated the GLX - layers in the scenery.cfg and everything runs ok.

I'll try to find what goes on and if there's a workaround

P.S. ...it looks as if it's about AFCADs with "non complete Airports" (e.g. Heliports with only landingspots and no parking) - I could recreate the same Problem with the Miami City Scenery by Drzewiecki Design (removing the Heliports fixed it) and Manhattan X from Aerosoft.
Maybe that helps.

Happy Landings

Juergen
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:14:11 pm by data63 »

data63

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 10:41:02 pm »
I did some "try and error"  8)

looks like GSX (or maybe XPOI??) doesn't like airports without a runway (e.g. heliports) and crashes couatl.exe.

I put some tiny 10x10ft runways into the Manhattan X Heliports and now I can use them without crashing couatl.exe  ;D

maybe there's a chance of fixing that

Happy Landings

Juergen