Author Topic: still not fixed?  (Read 5875 times)

diceflo

still not fixed?
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:13:21 pm »
I don't want to be negative but there is a problem that I have had since day one and it is still not resolved. This topic was placed here because it is a general problem and not airport specific. Like many other people I suffer from disappearing buildings where just the jetways show. I have followed the installation procedure, uninstall procedue and then the reinstall procedure and then the turn of your virus checker procedure for too many times to mention. I have also downloaded the stand alone manager far too many times too.

I have read in the forums about the same problem other people are having but so far it seems I am the only one still having them. Also, I have followed all the instructions on the forums to fix this but still no luck. I even sent a file to your support team but nothing was fixed.

Now let me say that this happens at all of fdst's airports and flight beam airports too. It happens at random times and at random airports. Sometimes the buildings appear and disappear at the same airport when I am watching ai.

I figured that maybe a new release of an airport would fix itself because it was such a big problem that it would have been addressed, but I have bought all of them and the problem is at all of them.

Can someone please help me, I don't want to miss out on these wonderful sceneries because I can't use them at all. I want to continue to buy anything that is released but with this problem still nagging me, I don't think I will be able to.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: still not fixed?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »
I have read in the forums about the same problem other people are having but so far it seems I am the only one still having them. Also, I have followed all the instructions on the forums to fix this but still no luck. I even sent a file to your support team but nothing was fixed.

According to your description yes, it seems you are the only one with this problem.

Most people that don't have buildings, they don't have them from the start of the program and the Addon Manager and/or Couatl (or both) are not running for some reasons, which are always invariably external ones and not dependent on any of our products (Antivirus, broken VC++ libraries, broken Simconnect, user not trusting the module, user explicitly distrusted our signature) and they are always fixed by fixing one of these things.

Instead, if you read your explanation correctly, it seems you suddenly have random disappearances while everything seems to work.

I even sent a file to your support team but nothing was fixed.

I haven't received anything from someone with the email you registered on the forum, and haven't received any PM on the forum either so, please allow some way to identify you if you used a different identity, because nothing ever came from you.

I figured that maybe a new release of an airport would fix itself because it was such a big problem that it would have been addressed, but I have bought all of them and the problem is at all of them.

Since you said yourself you know it's a problem only you have, I don't see how we could "fix" it by changing anything in the sceneries, surely now without knowing WHAT caused it on your system (only) first so, AT LEAST, even if we couldn't "fix" it, we could at least know what to say in case someone else ends up in with the same problem.

The only previous evidence of your issue, was some messages you posted on the forum in February 2011, where your last message said the ONLY airport you had this problem was JFK, and ALL other FSDT airports were fine.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4101.msg36776#msg36776

yes, so far the only problem I am having is with JFK

After Feb. 2011, you haven't posted anything more about this.

diceflo

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:14:33 pm »
I haven't used those airports when I did play, but stopped playing for a while. I bought the new traffic 360 and was anxious to use it at my airports. So I decided to start "playing" again and revisiting your airports and as you already know, I have no buildings just jetways. I thought I would try and figure out what to do because your airports are pretty important sceneries and I want to keep buying and enjoying. I thought a new release would somehow fix my setup in case my files are messed up. It's all under the hood stuff that I have no idea about.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 10:16:17 pm »
I'm afraid we'll have to start from scratch again, the usual questions:

- Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

diceflo

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 10:21:25 pm »
yes, they are both there

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:24 pm »
That's the fist odd thing.

Do the buildings appear, if only for a while ?

diceflo

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 10:47:48 pm »
yes, and sometimes I can even spot planes at one of the airport for hours and everything stays correct. Is there some kind of setting in the add on manager graphic settings. I never touch those but maybe I need to. I also have no idea how the settings work.

diceflo

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 10:56:26 pm »
I have noticed that klax seems to always work right but now after saying that, I will probably have problems :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 01:05:40 am »
Since you said they work for a lot of time, even hours, the only thing that comes to mind it's some kind of memory leakage somewhere that will cause buildings to disappear. Or maybe, the Simconnect communication channel get clobbered by another addon over time, so the Addon Manager doesn't have the chance to "talk" with FSX anymore.

If that's the case, there simply nothing we can fix from our side.

diceflo

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:16 am »
If I need to download a new stand alone manager, do I need to download the stand alone manger on each scenery page of the airports I own, maybe that is something too?

I don't have this problem with my other airport addons, what do you do different that results in this problem?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:54:56 am by diceflo »

pcubine

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:31:16 am »
Umberto

Maybe he is missing some changes from the Live Updates that appear every now and then when I am in the cockpit of a FSX flight that I use to cancel or ignore which resulted in I don't remember now. But it was not pretty.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 04:32:31 pm »
Maybe he is missing some changes from the Live Updates that appear every now and then when I am in the cockpit of a FSX flight that I use to cancel or ignore which resulted in I don't remember now. But it was not pretty

No, if he had something outdated, building would not show up at all, right from the start, not disappearing after hours.