Author Topic: FSX crashes with FSDT products  (Read 13764 times)

mulgrave

Re: FSX crashes with FSDT products
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
Hi

The result is as follows
Fsx is running and FSDT products running at the moment.
Procedure:
1- removed all fsx, acceleration, all other add-ons/ sceneries/plans/etc, All FSDT products, visual c+++ 2005
2- installed new copy of FSX , sp1,sp2
3- installed FSDT Geneva ( note that c+++2005 installed by fsx was auto removed by Geneva installation)
4- stated fsx , add-on manager was there, no clouat.dll error at start
5- registered all FSDT products through add-on manager in FSX.
6- downloaded and run directly from fsdream website , JFK, GSX, LA
7- restarted FSX, no errors.

Note
- during installation of  JFK, GSX, LA, I said "no" to replacement of clouatl files installed by Geneva.
- Strangely. No C+++ 2005 visual were installed by FSDT.

At the moment only C+++ 2008 (x86) and (x64) are running.

I am aware that it was a drastic method removing all products but i had to do it as no other suggestion solved the problems.I Hope that will help others that are having problem with clouatl.
I shall run FSX with FSdT for few days and see if it remains free of error and will revert.

Tkx

Douglas

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 11:14:41 am »
My FSX gives fatal error when I try to start. I've tried all the solutions suggested in this thread and nothing works. I'll do what the friend said, reinstall everything.

mulgrave

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 07:50:18 pm »
Hi Douglas

Fsx and FSDT have been working ok so far, thank God.
I tried it without C+++ 2005 visuals only 2008 (x86) and (x64) running.
Today I reinstalled C+++ 2005 visuals for confirmation and testing. There was no difference.

hope you sorted out your problems.

BuffaloZ3

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »
Hi, I'm new on this forum--just recently purchased GSX and I also have had nothing but problems with it.  I'm beginning to think GSX was a bad investment.  I get rather irritated when software is released before it's perfected.  I'm about ready to contest the charges with Paypal disputing that I've received an inferior product--it does not do what it claims to do.  I've read everything that I could find in the forum and I'm not going to screw up my computer just so I can run GSX. I've chatted with others on other forums who have had similar crashing problems.  I noted that FSDT claims it's working on the problem, I hope they find a solution--they've already got my money and I don't have a product that works correctly.  I really do like GSX when it works.  Also, FSDT needs to remember that not everyone who enjoys FSX is a pilot in real life, or a computer programmer.  Even after completely uninstalling GSX I still have marshallers popping up continually as I taxi down the runway. 

Has there been any kind of progress made?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 04:45:15 pm »
Hi, I'm new on this forum--just recently purchased GSX and I also have had nothing but problems with it.  I'm beginning to think GSX was a bad investment.

It's not possible to make a "bad investment" with GSX, since it's freely downloadable, freely usable at all FSDT airports without any limitations, and freely usable on some demo airports.

I get rather irritated when software is released before it's perfected.

You are obviously wrong, because:

1) You haven't even said WHAT your problem is

2) ALL problems that could be related to GSX and has been reported by users HAVE been fixed, HOURS (days at MOST) after they where reported, and this is a fact

3) NONE of the problems that was caused by OTHER external issues (like antivirus, VC++ libraries, simconnect corrupted) are NOT dependent by GSX in any way, a everybody that had those issues ALWAYS fixed acting on the external causes. NONE of these issues ever required to change anything in GSX.

I'm about ready to contest the charges with Paypal disputing that I've received an inferior product--it does not do what it claims to do.

Since the program is available in Trial version, and the license agreement you have to agree on before completing the purchase clearly says: there's no refund policy on the ground the program "doesn't work", since you have plenty of chances to verify IT DOES, BEFORE purchasing it.

And by the way, do you think we'd release a FULLY working evaluation version, if we weren't SURE it works ?

I've read everything that I could find in the forum and I'm not going to screw up my computer just so I can run GSX

You still haven't said WHAT your problem is. THEN we'll start discussing IF it's a GSX problem.

I've chatted with others on other forums who have had similar crashing problems.

GSX is BY FAR, our best selling product. And, like all our other products, can by tried before purchasing it. Do you think it would still be our best selling product (9 months after release, on top of that), if it wasn't working for the vast majority of users ?

Those that have a system ALREADY "screwed up", should go here asking for help, instead of wrongly complaining about GSX.

I noted that FSDT claims it's working on the problem

No, we aren't and I don't see where, exactly, you read this. We ALREADY fixed everything that was reported which WAS a problem with GSX.

We can't fix something that is not dependent from it. We can't (and we shouldn't ) fix your corrupted VC++ libraries, we can't (and we shouldn't) fix your broken Simconnect, we can't (and we shouldn't) fix the fact that modules won't run if you un-trust them and we can't (and we shouldn't) fix broken antivirus products that mistakenly flag our products as threats and block them from running.

I hope they find a solution--they've already got my money and I don't have a product that works correctly

You still haven't said WHAT, exactly, your problem is.

I really do like GSX when it works.

That's a useful information (at last). So it works, but sometimes it doens't. Again, please, clearly explain what happens when it doesn't, and they we'll check if it's a GSX problem, a system problem OR an error in something else, like the airplane you used or the AFCAD you use, which are the most common cause of problems that happens when GSX is starting correctly, but seems not to work while in game.

Even after completely uninstalling GSX I still have marshallers popping up continually as I taxi down the runway.

That's obviously impossible, if you REALLY uninstalled GSX "completely".

So, either you haven't (there's only one Uninstall method, and it's from the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs) , or those marshallers are not coming from GSX. The Uninstaller DOES remove all the GSX objects so, it's not possible to see its marshallers after Uninstalling it.

Of course, NOBODY, ever, reported "ghost" marshallers before.

Now, again, please indicate clearly all your problems. AND, if they are not of the "FSX Crashes" type, do it in a SEPARATE message, because this is about FSX Crashsing and it's wrong to piggyback on a thread with something entirely different so, unless you have FSX Crashing or not starting, start a new thread with all your GSX issues, and we'll check them ONE BY ONE.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:47:15 pm by virtuali »

BuffaloZ3

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:24 am »
Okay, I'm sorry if I started out wrong, I was frustrated.  Please accept my apology--really.  First of all, the trial version worked fine, I had absolutely no problem with GSX until I downloaded and installed the full version.  Since then, FSX will crash on me occasionally when I start it up and sometimes several times as during flights.  I get no messages when it crashes, and when I restart FSX it says "FSX has recovered from a fatal erro.r"

My computer works great when GSX has been uninstalled, except for, as I said and you have appropriately tagged them-- "ghost marshallers".  I unistalled through the Windows unistall program as you mentioned.  I don't agree that just because it hasn't been reported before doesn't mean it's not happening to me, right?  It is honestly happening--Why would I lie?  I just want to fly! ;D  I wouldn't have purchased GSX if I didn't think it wasn't terrific.

I'm currently running on a Dell Inspiron One, Intel Core i5 with touch screen input capabilities. (maybe that has something to do with it) 2.80 Gz 6.00 RAM.  Windows 7 Home Premium.

After I uninstalled GSX I noticed in some airports that there were (and still are) marshallers when there shouldn't be, because, I uninstalled it, right?   When GSX  was deleted, or supposedly, my computer did not crash once.  So I reinstalled everything starting with FSX+ Acceleration + UTX + Scenery Tech + GEX + REX + Photo-scenery.  Everything worked well until I reinstalled GSX, I installed nothing after GSX.  I went for an experimental fight and FSX crashed before I could take-off.  That was when I noticed the marshallers at certain points.  That's when I got frustrated.  That's when I was rude.  Again, I apologize--no excuses--just I'm sorry.  The marshaller are still there and they are GSX marshallers--I'd take a screenshot of them and put it up right here X, but I don't know how to do that as of yet.

I've installed Aerosoft's Fairbanks X and Anchorage X , their Chicago X, San Fran X-- Buffalo/Niagra Falls X-- FTX Pacific Fjords and Ketchikan airport, and they run fine.  I even run about 15-25 FPS, so my computer should be fast enough.  I really do like GSX, it's awesome, and I'd really like to be able to solve this so I can enjoy it like anyone else out there.  I guess that's why I got so frustrated--because I wanted it to work and it just doesn't seem to want to cooperate.  I'm not super saavy with computers, this one I'm running is about 5 months old, fully updated as far as I know.  If you're is still willing to help, I'd appreciated it.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:14:56 am by BuffaloZ3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
First of all, the trial version worked fine, I had absolutely no problem with GSX until I downloaded and installed the full version.

That's also impossible because, there's no such thing as a "Trial" or a "Full" version installer. You don't download anything to upgrade to the Full version. The Full version is 100%, bit-bit-bit identical to the Trial version, the only difference, it works everywhere. Do you see a "Full versions" separate download anywhere on this site ?

Since then, FSX will crash on me occasionally when I start it up and sometimes several times as during flights.  I get no messages when it crashes, and when I restart FSX it says "FSX has recovered from a fatal error"

Then, before starting saying GSX is the problem, you should FIRST check WHAT really crashed.

If you go into the Windows Control Panel, under the "Administrative Tools" section, the Windows Event Viewer will have your crash details recorded. Look in the Application log for crashes related to either FSX happened recently, select the crash details, and see what was the error. This could give an hint what really crashed.

My computer works great when GSX has been uninstalled, except for, as I said and you have appropriately tagged them-- "ghost marshallers".  I unistalled through the Windows unistall program as you mentioned.  I don't agree that just because it hasn't been reported before doesn't mean it's not happening to me, right?  It is honestly happening--Why would I lie?

I obviously haven't said you are "lying" but, simply, either you haven't Uninstalled GSX, maybe you uninstalled something else by mistake OR those marshallers are not coming from GSX. I can only repeat and confirm, if GSX is Uninstalled from the Windows Control panel, it's NOT POSSIBLE you would see any of its objects around.

After I uninstalled GSX I noticed in some airports that there were (and still are) marshallers when there shouldn't be, because, I uninstalled it, right?

Are you sure those were GSX marshallers and not those supplied with the scenery ?

When GSX  was deleted, or supposedly, my computer did not crash once.  So I reinstalled everything starting with FSX+ Acceleration + UTX + Scenery Tech + GEX + REX + Photo-scenery.  Everything worked well until I reinstalled GSX, I installed nothing after GSX.  I went for an experimental fight and FSX crashed before I could take-off.  That was when I noticed the marshallers at certain points.  That's when I got frustrated.  That's when I was rude.

As I've said, we should fist check WHAT really crashes, and THEN we'll might discuss if GSX was the cause.

Again, I apologize--no excuses--just I'm sorry.  The marshaller are still there and they are GSX marshallers--I'd take a screenshot of them and put it up right here X, but I don't know how to do that as of yet.

Then, you haven't Uninstalled it, plain and simple. Could you check, after Uninstalling, if you still have the FSX\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Marshaller folder ? That's the only place were the GSX marshaller is stored. If you don't have it anymore after uninstalling it, how's possible it would still appear ?