Author Topic: installation  (Read 4558 times)

victoratherton

installation
« on: November 02, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »
Hello, i couldn't install the gsx. Can you help?

Tks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: installation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:35:25 pm »
It's not possible to help you with such a generic description of the problem. What do you mean with "I couldn't install" ? Are you getting some errors ? If yes, which ones ? Please, describe precisely what you are doing and what you are seeing.

victoratherton

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42:36 pm »
I'm trying to install, but on FSX, when i clicked in ADDON on menu, nothing appears. Could you explain me step by step?

Jack J Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:01 pm »
It is NOT an addon, so you can NOT see it in the among the addon scenerys. Start a flight and you will find it. It is all in the install manual.

JJJ

victoratherton

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »
So, could you send me the step by step of the gsx instalation and the downloads links, because i bought it yesterday.

oskiatl

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »
Im having the exact same problem>

victoratherton

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:13:17 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »
The box is asking if you want to run it, click yes and see if it works.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

victoratherton

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:16 pm »
Don't Work. he close the simulator

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:15 pm »
Don't Work. he close the simulator

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the installation, as your subject message implied. Your problem is that you are having a problem *running* the module needed by all our products.

This error has been discussed several times, and it's not a bglmanx error, but it's an FSX bug, since it can happen with any FSX module, especially a newly trusted one. As explained in all other threads:

- Be sure that you don't have ANY "Compatibility" modes selected for the FSX.EXE file. To check this, right-click on it, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is checked on that page, which is how FSX installs by default.

- Even if FSX says the module might not run, ALWAYS allow to run it, even if FSX crashes.

- Try a couple of times entering/exiting from FSX, and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

- If it doesn't work after a couple of tries, REBOOT Windows and try again., and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

If all of this doesn't help, be sure it's not the antivirus that has corrupted the file, mistakenly trying to "heal" it. In this case, the correct procedure, as explained in many other threads, is:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.