Author Topic: Live updater problem  (Read 4389 times)

Gerwil

Live updater problem
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:38:01 pm »
I'm getting the following notification when FSX is loading: wxWidgets; Error, cannot initialize OLE. There was a new Coatl update which couldn't be installed after that by Live updater. I uninstall/installed again the GSX and Addon Manager but the problem persists, getting the same wxWidgets error notification.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Live updater problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:25:42 am »
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Gerwil

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:04:43 am »
Thks Bruce, i think i found the culprit. I thought it was GSX because switching off Coatl and Addon manager would cure the problem. But now it seems it was VirtuMVP by Lucidlogic that was causing it. I can miss that.

trevg

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 11:36:19 am »
Nice clean machine I have here, FSX acceleration, Win Ultimate 64, MB is a P8Z77-V Deluxe, with I7 3770.
Gigabyte 680 Video card.  This setup allows me to have 3 screens in surround and a 4th touch pad on the display port.

Everything runs very nicely including Lucidlogid Technologies, virtu MVP (which is a system that increases the graphics displays)

Now to load my great GSX.FSX.. ooppps  as soon as the script engine starts on setup, I get the

wxWidgets
Error: cannot Initialise OLE
This causes the Virtu MVP to stop.

If I remove GSX, FSX runs fine with virtu, soon as I load GSX the virtu produces the error and stops I believe the virtu from running.
FSX still runs but not how the virtu system should have it run.

Yes I gave googled it and there are thousands of bits of info about the programming errors.
I am not a programmer and do not understand that geek talk.

Is there someway that the GSX programme could have the appropiate bit of code inserted so that the OLE can work ??
I love my FSDT products and would love to have my system work as it should.

Regards
Trevor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »
wxWidgets
Error: cannot Initialise OLE
This causes the Virtu MVP to stop.

This error is generated by this Virtu MVP, not GSX

If I remove GSX, FSX runs fine with virtu

If you remove Virtu MVP, GSX will work fine and you wouldn't see any errors too.

Is there someway that the GSX programme could have the appropiate bit of code inserted so that the OLE can work ??

Since the failing program is not GSX, the question should be, instead "is there someway that the Virtu MVP programme could have the appropiate bit of code inserted so that the OLE can work ??"

GSX uses the wxWidgets UI library too, but is not generating errors, so perhaps you should enquire with Virtu MVP support why their product generates an error, when used together with another product that is not generating any errors, but it's using the wxWidgets Ui library too.

Yes, you said "If I uninstall GSX, it works", but the issue is, if you uninstall Virtu MVP, there will be no errors too so, if you started with GSX and THEN installed that Virtu MVP, you would get the impression that "after installing Virtu MVP, my previously working GSX didn't work anymore"

Since the error message clearly indicates that Virtu MVP is generating an error, I'd said that's the program that needs to be fixed.

trevg

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:50:19 pm »
To true, I had a ticket lodged with them but unfortunately they are not like your firm.
No response other than check with your mother board supplier who have the license for our product..

Pity that it seems to be any programme that uses wxWidgets does or may have problems within the coding in conjunction with the MVP system.

Thanks for replying. now back to loading some of your scenery.   :D