Author Topic: Fs9 updates  (Read 3165 times)

USAIRWAYS-KPIT

Fs9 updates
« on: October 04, 2012, 04:59:47 am »
Hello,

I just have a quick question.  I know you are done doing new fs9 sceneries, but I wondering if your going to do any updates on old sceneries like terminal 3 in Las Vegas, ORD or I know you said maybe JFK.  I'm just wondering I respect your decision in only doing fsx sceneries.  I am not turning this into any poll or protest or anything.  I'm just wondering for my self so I know.

Thank you,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fs9 updates
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 10:58:36 am »
We are not doing any update for FS9, unless it means correcting scenery bugs.

The whole point of those updates wouldn't be really "updating" the scenery, but more likely updating the graphics using FSX-only methods that we introduced with KLAX/CYVR, and the very latest methods used in CYVR (more advanced materials which allows dynamic shadows), requires the scenery to be made from FSX only right from the start, and would require a *total* remake for an FS9 version, which is now clearly in use by a tiny percentage of people.

USAIRWAYS-KPIT

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »
Ok thank you for the info.

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »
Umberto, will the sceneries get updated though as well? (particularly in reference to JFK) I know that you guys are planning on updating the textures and modeling and so on, but are you planning to update the buildings as well?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations