Author Topic: Extremely loud vehicles, cannot find .wav files  (Read 4510 times)

TurbofanDude

Extremely loud vehicles, cannot find .wav files
« on: September 03, 2012, 12:16:54 am »
Hello,

I purchased GSX, and I'm using it in P3D currently, and I must say it's fantastic. However, the vehicles are insanely loud, and overpower my entire sim. I have tried editing the default vehicles sound.cfg and soundai.cfg files, reducing the volume of the wav's inside of the GSX folder, turning the GSX sound off, and so on. None of those have any effect on the volume. As well, I've tried tuning different volumes in the sim, and I cannot adjust the sound of it at all, and I cannot turn everything else up far enough to restore the balance.

The sound begins when GSX is started, and if there are no GSX vehicles nearby, it stops. Any help would be great, and perhaps some more places to look for waves to edit.

Relevant System Info:
P3D V1.4
Windows 8 x64 RTM (This is not the issue, I've had friends with Windows 7 report the same thing)
Asus P6X58-E Pro onboard sound
Logitech X-540 Surround Sound System

Thanks in advance,
Collin Biedenkapp

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Extremely loud vehicles, cannot find .wav files
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 12:12:05 pm »
There's no need whatsoever to edit wav files and, FSX sound settings don't affect GSX sound. Which is why, GSX has a dedicated sound volume control on its own Settings page.

TurbofanDude

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:09 pm »
I'm aware, however, the sound slider in the GSX menu seems to have no effect on the volume of the sound that I'm concerned about.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 06:21:39 pm »
I'm aware, however, the sound slider in the GSX menu seems to have no effect on the volume of the sound that I'm concerned about.

But does it affect other GSX sounds, even if not the one you are interested in ? Or it simply has no effect ?

Jackson5

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:49 pm »
 This might have to do with some original P3D soundfiles. I had the same problems and it drove me mad....

In the main Prepar3D\sound folder there are eight files that you can (re)move or adjust with a wave editor (make a backup first, just in case..)
They are called ai_singleprop01 to 04 and xai_singleprop01 to 04.
I have just moved them to a backup folder, and after that Prepar3d was silent! Only GSX vehicle sounds are heard.

Good luck and let me know if it works for you too!

Jackson5