Author Topic: KLAX ILS  (Read 7193 times)

danmclain1

KLAX ILS
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:28:41 pm »
Hi Virtulai,
I have another riddle for you, this time without a jpeg.

KLAX is only reporting visual runways, it happens with both the ATIS and the Controllers.

I have reinstalled it and I have the latest update.

Got any ideas?

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX ILS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
Non-existing visual only runways reported by the ATIS are usually a side effect of the scenery using the "Star technique" method to allow multiple crosswind runways in operation. They are a minor annoyance, but they increase the realism and traffic flow at many airports. However, since KLAX has only parallel runways, we haven't any dummy runways in the AFCAD that would create that issue.

Instead, visual only runways available in the ATC window, are usually a problem with missing Approaches, like a scenery that removes all default approaches, and fail to replace them with its own. Again, this can't possibly a problem with KLAX, since it doesn't remove the default approaches (and relies on them) and doesn't come with its own or try to redefine them.

This means, the only possible explanations for this problem are:

1) You have another AFCAD in conflict, which is causing the above issues

OR

2) You edited the AFCAD supplied with KLAX, and saved it with an editor that failed to preserve the "DeleteAllApproaches=FALSE" parameter we set in our AFCAD, which is needed to preserve the default approaches, since the scenery doesn't come with any new ones so, it didn't make much sense to add a copy of the default approaches in the AFCAD, since nothing changed there.

danmclain1

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 01:35:43 am »
Hi Virtuali,
Thanks for getting back so soon, you are right it is not a problem with your software.
I have the same problem with Imagine Simulation's KDEN. it even happens with the stock airport.

I ran the FSX Airport Scanner and found no dups.

Thanks again,

Dan

danmclain1

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:46:08 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
I got my ILS problem solved. what I discovered, it was a MY TrafficX conflict. Even though the scenery priority was set
right My Traffic's airport BGL was still overwriting the airport which explains the two Control Towers. All I had to do was
make the My Traffic BGL passive, and problem solved.

Just wanted to give this info in case anyone one else is having the same issue.

Thanks,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:18:41 am »
I got my ILS problem solved. what I discovered, it was a MY TrafficX conflict.

That's what I've indicated as the 1st most likely cause of the problem. The issue is, it seems that the FSX Airport Scanner doesn't detect My Traffic X files as duplicates, they must be searched and removed manually.

ryanbatcund

Re: KLAX ILS - two towers?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 07:54:35 pm »
I got my ILS problem solved. what I discovered, it was a MY TrafficX conflict.

That's what I've indicated as the 1st most likely cause of the problem. The issue is, it seems that the FSX Airport Scanner doesn't detect My Traffic X files as duplicates, they must be searched and removed manually.

I've got two towers as well and MTX.  Can you explain what I need to do to remove the junky modeled one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX ILS - two towers?
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »
I've got two towers as well and MTX.  Can you explain what I need to do to remove the junky modeled one?

Go into the My Traffic X scenery folder, look for an AFCAD with a name that looks like KLAX, and remove it.

ryanbatcund

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 05:34:08 am »
Thank you!