Author Topic: GEX causing stutters  (Read 3293 times)

fruitycocktail

GEX causing stutters
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:50:44 pm »
Good Morning.

Im currently using GSX but it seems to cause stuttering when a/c pushes back and on arrival when taxiing in.

I have a sneaky feeling it maybe to do with Accu-Feel: Global FSX Enhancement which I also have installed.

I also have AES installed and the accu-feel and aes works fine, but for some strange reason at GSX airports its stuttering like crazy.

Any help would be amazing.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GEX causing stutters
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:36:49 pm »
Nobody ever reported this, and it's very well known that GSX doesn't cause any visible impact on frame rate.

Don't know anything about that Accu Feel product you are referring to but, I guess that if there were problems between it and GSX, we should have heard about it by now.

As a general rule, GSX being a native FSX products uses Simconnect and, if other addons are using it too (in the wrong way) by clobbering the command pipe with too many commands, it's possible that GSX can't get enough time share to send its own commands, because other addons have monopolized the Simconnect communication command. We saw such issue with an earlier version of KDFW when used together with UT2 and, due to the large number of Simconnect commands sent by UT2 in a short period of time, resulted in scenery stuttering and delayed updates.

Maybe this is a similar problem, the most obvious test to do, would be temporarily disabling that addon and see if it makes any difference.

fruitycocktail

Re: GEX causing stutters
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »
Hi umberto.
thanks for reply.  You could be right as I have Ultimate Traffic too installed and maybe this could be the issue with it stuttering.

It seems to be on pushback and when taxiing.

cheers