Author Topic: FSX Won't load after GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 9907 times)

jcam89

FSX Won't load after GSX **SOLVED**
« on: September 06, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »
  I installed GSX and now FSX get's fatal errors when attempting to load.  I uninstalled FSX and reinstalled it and it loaded fine.  Immediatly intsalled GSX before any other add ons and again I get the fatal errors.  Uninstalled FSX, reinstalled it without GSX and FSX works just fine.  I'm getting pretty frustrated as I just paid $40.00 for something I can't use.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:12:40 am by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: FSX Won't load after GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »
GSX requires SP2 or Acceleration, do you have either installed?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jcam89

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:12:25 pm »
Yes I have SP 2 installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 03:39:38 pm »
First, as all our products are available in Trial version, and this is clearly indicated on all products pages and all our FAQ page, you can't say you "paid 40$ for something you can't use", because the whole point of having a Trial version, is to allow you to check you CAN use something, BEFORE purchasing it.

Surely the problem wasn't "caused" by GSX, but something else, but it's not possible to help you if your description of the problem is so generic. You can't just say "fatal errors", without specifying exactly what the error was: how are we supposed to help you, if we don't even know what the problem is ?

So, let's start from the beginning, and clearly indicate what errors you are getting. Precisely.

jcam89

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 05:49:30 pm »
No need to be defensive.  Allow me to be a little more detailed.  I downloaded the trial version, it worked and I thought ok I'll purchase it for 39 + tax.  I activated it, exited FSX and when I tried to reload FSX it gave me a fatal error.  No choice but to do a clean install.  I do a clean install, reinstall the trial version and FSX loads up no issue.  I revalidate the product, exit FSX.  Reload FSX and I again get the fatal error on load up.  Do another clean install for the third time in one day.  Reload FSX no problem.  I do not install GSX this time and FSX loads up multiple times no issues at all. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 08:40:46 pm »
I downloaded the trial version, it worked and I thought ok I'll purchase it for 39 + tax.  I activated it, exited FSX and when I tried to reload FSX it gave me a fatal error

Not possible. The Trial version is fully installed and there's no difference whatsoever between the activated version and the Trial version. No file is changed when activating, the software is byte-by-byte identical and you don't download anything extra.

Reload FSX and I again get the fatal error on load up

You still are not giving what I've asked initially. PRECISELY indicate your error. The exact text, screenshot, whatever, anything that would make sense instead of such generic "fatal error" description.

I'l repeat it again: how are we supposed to help you, with such vague description of the problem ?

jcam89

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 09:36:42 pm »
Well if it happens the exact same way twice in a row after I activate the product then yes, it is possible.  I'll do it all over again tonight and get you the exact fatal error I am getting.

jcam89

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »
I just installed it and activated it again.  The problem is that it makes my FSX completly unstable for some reason.  I can get FSX to load up after several attempts but then at some point within the game it will crash.  All it gives me is a fatal error with no details to give you.  That is what is happening.  I go in and uninstall GSX then FSX begins working perfectly again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 11:31:18 pm »
All it gives me is a fatal error with no details to give you.

You can view an error detail for an error that had no message, by going into the Windows Event Viewer, which can be accessed from the Control Panel, under the "Admin Tools" section.

After you open the Event Viewer, looks for the Applications logs, and check under the Errors, the ones related to FSX. Clicking on that event, will allow you to see its details, which you should post here.

jcam89

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 12:03:24 am »
THis is what it says:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e180c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000b50df
Faulting process id: 0xbd4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd8c7598345995
Faulting application path: C:\fsx\flight\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\fsx\flight\g3d.dll
Report Id: e50cbf8c-f868-11e1-8aec-bcaec52caf5b

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 12:12:14 am »
Ok, that's likely excludes GSX being the problem. The G3D.DLL crash it's very well known problem in FSX, which can be related to basically anything, from scenery, to AI, terrain, etc.

Have a look at this thread, with a possible fix using the very latest FSUIPC (even the free version).

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353179-gd3dllhelp/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 12:14:42 am by virtuali »

jcam89

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 12:57:16 am »
Well, I downloaded and installed the newest FSUIPC (free version) I could find and my god I think that may have done it.  I was able to cycle loading FSX 4 times in a row with no errors and all animations appear to be working as of now.  I'll try a short full flight later and put it through it's full paces.  I'll report back.  Thanks for all your help and quick responses.