Author Topic: Runtime erro after updating  (Read 4940 times)

buzz1955

Runtime erro after updating
« on: August 30, 2012, 07:08:26 pm »
After updating, gsx is not working anymore. I always receive a message saying runtime errors gsx contact administrator. I uninstall evrything and did a new install and it was the same message again. So now i had to take it out  but what is the problem.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Runtime erro after updating
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:11:03 am »
Please, clearly indicate the exact text of the error message.

buzz1955

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »
This is the message i have:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Runtime Error!

Program: F:\Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:38:57 pm »

buzz1955

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »
I look at that and i have no antivirus that can be the problem, all the update for v++ 2005 are alone and not double. I read that others have the same problem and it is said at the end to reinstalls FSx and may be Win7. I am not english so my reading and writing is not perfect and not a computor crack too, i already have reinstall FSx a month ago , i don't want to go to reinstall FSx and win 7 because everything is working fine.But i would like to cancel the GSx and to be refund for it. What is the procedure for it.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:22 am »
I'm sorry, but you need to follow all those advices including the eventual FSX REPAIR (a full reinstall is not really needed), since the problem is not obviously *caused* by GSX, because EVERYONE that fixed it, did it by changing something else in his own system, which clearly proved the problem was elsewhere, likely caused by some OTHER software installed (even non Flightsim-related).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:41:29 pm by virtuali »

buzz1955

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 07:07:23 pm »
I am sorry , you are surely not, because you are telling me it is not GSx problem, but the only thing that is not working is your program. I will simply uninstall that program and continu to fly without it like i did for the 15 last year. You do not want to refund me , it is your choice but don't says it's the problem of the others, it is your application that is not working and noting else.

Thanks for not helping,

and by the way i will see that i never buy something  done by this group or even the friends i have in the VA that i am in..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 08:52:27 pm »
, because you are telling me it is not GSx problem

Because it obviously isn't. You said yourself that is started "after the update" but, the Couatl.exe has NOT being updated. And, you said yourself you worked before.

This, added to the fact that, everybody else that had this problem too, fixed it NOT by doing something to GSX, but simply doing various maintenance to their installation.

And, of course, if it really were a GSX problem, we would have the forum *flooded* with similar reports, not just a couple of people. So, it's clearly something that *might* happen, but not CAUSED by GSX.

but the only thing that is not working is your program

This doesn't say anything, of course. You haven't obviously installed the whole software catalog in the world in your system so, you can't possibly say it's the "only" thing that is not working. If you are lucky that no other software installed in your system, is being affected by the same problem that is *affecting* GSX, that doesn't obviously mean the problem IS GSX, but simply that no other software you installed is depending on the problem you have elsewhere.

How many other of your programs requires the VC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes ? You surely don't know, and if your runtimes have a problem, or a conflict with other version of the runtimes, if GSX is the only software you installed that requires them, GSX will be the only one not running, and you would mislead into thinking the problem is GSX, when it's clearly isn't.

I will simply uninstall that program and continu to fly without it like i did for the 15 last year. You do not want to refund me , it is your choice but don't says it's the problem of the others, it is your application that is not working and noting else.

Uninstalling will not fix the problem you have with your Windows installation. Sooner or later, you will either reinstall FSX or the whole Windows, and the problem will surely go away, but you will probably never know...

Don't keep repeating "your application that is not working and noting else", because I've already explained why this is wrong. Keep repeating something wrong, doesn't make it true.

and by the way i will see that i never buy something  done by this group or even the friends i have in the VA that i am in..

That's the typical reply of all those that have a problem with their system, and don't want to admit or even investigate it. If you want to to start a session with the free TEAMVIEWER program:

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I'll be more than happy of checking your system, and will surely find out the problem in YOUR system which is AFFECTING GSX. When you are ready to use Teamviewer, send me a Private Message, with your Session ID and password.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:06:38 pm by virtuali »

buzz1955

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »
the id as been send