Author Topic: BGLMANX.DLL ERROR...PLEASE!  (Read 3166 times)

mjpereira191

BGLMANX.DLL ERROR...PLEASE!
« on: August 17, 2012, 03:20:01 pm »
Hi to all,

I'm new here.
I want to buy FSDT GSX but download demo version and i have that error, like the attach shows.When i click "Yes" FSX CTD.
I do everything i saw in forum and nothing resolve my problem.(change bgl file(s), uninstall sound drivers, simconnect procedures,bios flashed,  .

My machine isWin 7 64,  i5 processor with 8gb mem, graphic card Shappire HD6950 2gb "eyefinity on" 3 monitors, i have too 2 throttle quadrants saitek and 1 flight pro instruments.
Fsx with all service packs, the only addon is Fsuipc doesn't work with FSDT GSX installed.

I really want to buy this product but i can't work with him.

Thanks in advance.

Manuel Pereira

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: BGLMANX.DLL ERROR...PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:16 pm »
This error has been discussed several times, and it's not a bglmanx error, but it's an FSX bug, since it can happen with any FSX module, especially a newly trusted one. As explained in all other threads:

- Be sure that you don't have ANY "Compatibility" modes selected for the FSX.EXE file. To check this, right-click on it, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is checked on that page, which is how FSX installs by default.

- Even if FSX says the module might not run, ALWAYS allow to run it, even if FSX crashes.

- Try a couple of times entering/exiting from FSX, and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

- If it doesn't work after a couple of tries, REBOOT Windows and try again., and ALWAYS allow the module to run, even if FSX crashes.

If all of this doesn't help, be sure it's not the antivirus that has corrupted the file, mistakenly trying to "heal" it. In this case, the correct procedure, as explained in many other threads, is:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:34:14 pm by virtuali »

mjpereira191

Re: BGLMANX.DLL ERROR...PLEASE!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:13:03 pm »
Thanks for fast reply,

I so stupid!

The only think i'll do was compatibly, and "voilá" on the admin tab i I had checked the xp sp3 and run as admin, I took it and the 1st time I ran fsx gave the error but it was not for the desktop, the 2nd time the error no longer appeared.

Again thanks for the help, now I'll buy the product.