Author Topic: KFLL is outdated?  (Read 8027 times)

PRE-CISION

KFLL is outdated?
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:00:51 pm »
Hey FSDT,

I'm having a minor issue where after I've installed KFLL and startup FSX I get a message saying my version of KFLL is outdated. I then went to the addon manager in game to register KFLL which was done successfully, but it also tells me in the addon manager that my version of KFLL is outdated, and to proceed to the FSDT website to download the latest.

I downloaded the version off of the current product page which says version 1.4.1.0. I don't know if it's relevant or not but I had an updated install of KLAX v2.0 with the addon manager before I installed KFLL. Maybe this is the cause?

I'm also having another issue, during a test flight the default FSX ATC instructed me to land on runway 11? I then requested 27R and it told me to sidestep from 12L vectoring me in the complete opposite direction of the airport. I realize this could be the fault of FSX's wonderful ATC but was just curious anyways.

Thanks for any help!

-Paul

lamcrae

Re: KFLL is outdated?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »
I have just purchased and installed KFLL and I am getting the same "KFLL is outdated" message. As with the OP, I have version 1.4.1 of KFLL, and I also reinstalled the latest addon manager. Should I simply ignore this message, or is there a fix in the works?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:52:53 pm »
For the time being, just ignore that message, if you just downloaded the 1.4.1 installer, you *have* the most current version.

In fact, there's no real difference between "outdated" and "too new", the message will always say "outdated". In this case, the scenery you have is too new, it's just a server file that is outdated instead.

PRE-CISION

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:10:22 pm »
Alright thanks for clearing that up! Was just curious as to why it was saying it was outdated when I knew it wasn't.

-Paul

Daveo

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 03:00:07 pm »
Same here I just ignored it being I just bought it a few weeks ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »
We fixed it with the last GSX update so, you shouldn't see it anymore if you run any installer (even not GSX-related) now.

B777ER

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »
Just installed latest stand alone manager. Still getting the message.
Eric

CoolP

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 10:15:03 pm »
Same here. The latest addon manager gave me the message. I've reinstalled the latest KFLL (fresh download) and it seems to work now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »
Some clarification:

- Before we fixed this on the server (it is, since some days), you would get the "outdate" message when using the *most* current version of KFLL, because the issue was that version was too new for the server, which doesn't make any difference between being "too new" or "too old", it will always says "outdated", which is why I said to ignore it for the time being.

- Now the server info is fixed with the KFLL 1.4.1 version, you HAVE to use that one, the "outdated" message will come if you had any other version installed with an earlier installer.