Author Topic: Stuttering at 2 FSDT airports  (Read 3175 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
Stuttering at 2 FSDT airports
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:33:52 am »
I have 8 FSDT airports and 8 Fly Tampa airports plus numerous others including a lot of ORBX sceneries and airports. I am getting hesitations (stutters) at KDFW and KLAX only. I have sat and tried every airport in my scenery floder and no other airport causes this problem. I have all the latest drivers for my GTS450 graphics card and am running win7 64 bit.
My specs are:
                     i2500K @ 4,3 ghz
                     8mb of 1333 ram
                     Gts 450 graphics card
                     Win 7 64 bit
                     FSX W/acceleration
                     gifgabyte Z68 mobo.

I wouyld appreciate some help with these 2 airports.
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stuttering at 2 FSDT airports
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:15:23 pm »
This has been discussed many times: you can act on the Anti-pop up slider in the Addon Manager to control loading distance.

Low values will result in fast fps, at a cost of some stuttering when objects are loaded/unloaded, while high values will load more objects at the same time, at a cost of more memory taken, and likely lower average fps, but less or no stuttering. At the maximum value, everything will be loaded at the same time when the airport goes in range, so there will be no further load/unload.

You don't see this in other sceneries, because they load everything at the same time, this is the only way allowed by usual FSX SDK methods, so it would be similar than having the Anti-popup at the maximum value. We offer a chance to control the process, because the correct value depends on the system used and the load caused by other installed products.

pride545

• Beta tester
Re: Stuttering at 2 FSDT airports
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 07:57:51 am »
thanks!
Moe Works