Author Topic: GSX and NGX VC drop in frame rate, strange behaviuor  (Read 7612 times)

riccardo74

GSX and NGX VC drop in frame rate, strange behaviuor
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:43:09 am »
Hi to all forum, yesterday I purchased GSX, fantastic in one word!

I had only one strange behaviour that happened two times: a very intensive frame loss only in VC, from 22 to 8-9fps.

I try to explain. I was parked in LIPZ, I've done all my deboarding, catering and refueling operation. And was requesting pushback. So I had my engine still shutted down (I start my session with engine running). When pushback was starting, I don't remember if and when open up FMC to load default panel state of my NGX (to get engine running, I know that's not correct, but I had not much time, I was simply trying GSX....). After that I noted a drop fps only, and repeat only, in VC, from 22 to 8-9. Repeat only in VC. And this frame was constant (8-9) also after take off and during climb (then I quit FSX), so I suspected was not related to GSX, even when airborne I had always 8-9 fps. I think that something in FSX was corrupted.

So I retry to do the same situation many times, loading NGX, positioning to a gate with engine shutted down and parking brakes on, made all GSX ground operation, and then during pushback load default panel state. Ok, only another one time re-happened that was happened above. So I don't know if it's related to load panel state or not. I tried out other times to repeat this operation, but fortunatly not happened any more.

So, is there any other out there that have had the same issue?

I hope you understand me, sorry for my english.

Riccardo
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:45:07 am by riccardo74 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and NGX VC drop in frame rate, strange behaviuor
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »
The only thing sure, is that it wasn't related to GSX in any way. GSX fps impact is hardy noticeable in the outside view, when you see all the vehicles at once, but it's really zero in the VC, because FSX culls everything that is not directly on sight so, you wouldn't see much of GSX vehicles.

And, since GSX logic is entirely external to FSX, because it runs inside the Couatl interpreter, there's no way GSX could slow down FSX with its own processing.

However, if you search around, there's plenty of reports of issue with low fps with the NGX in VC, and there's seems to be an interaction with the mouse cursor position, for example here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/341886-fps-drop-when-mouse-cursor-visible/

riccardo74

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:36:23 pm »
Thank you for reply, but I think mouse is not my problem, infact low fps was during all my phase of flight even when mouse disappears.

I thought it could be something related to panel state or something similar. But as I told you, this happened only two times, then no more. And I can replicate the situation to rpeat the issue. If it could be happen again I'd like to try to Restart Coautl or Reset Position and verify what happen.

Then, as you said, my problem was only in VC, infact in external view I had 22 fps, and it was normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:50:14 pm »
. If it could be happen again I'd like to try to Restart Coautl or Reset Position and verify what happen.

It won't do anything to your fps, but it won't do any harm either, but at least it would convince you the problem didn't had anything to do with GSX.

As I've said, Couatl (if a system is at least dual core) can't slow down FSX in any way. Only the GSX vehicles theoretically could, but if the problem happens in VC, that would be the moment where the impact the least.

nyckid311

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:47:51 pm »
I think this may help. I recentley added many things to fsx including fsdreamteam. I just started having problems with my VC fps. A huge drop in fps VC. So I read many forums and heard many frustrated people. But I tried something and it worked. On the FSX settings in the Aircraft tab. Uncheck the high resolution vc. I now have all my fps back:) Let me know if this works. :)

Asus Maximus Z68 intel 2600K
16gb 2200mhz G.Skill Ripjaws
Hydro Copper 2 Gtx 580 classified Sli
1200W Coolermaster