Author Topic: Cloud9 Forums Activation?  (Read 5004 times)

AaronMyers

Cloud9 Forums Activation?
« on: June 02, 2008, 03:09:03 pm »
Is anyone monitoring new forum accounts for activation? I have an issue with EHAM and after two attempts to activate a new forum account I continue to wait for admin activation. Meanwhile my EHAM keeps crashing with a g3d.dll error on final.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cloud9 Forums Activation?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:45 pm »
Are you referring to Cloud9 forum ? I guess so because, if you had problem with this forum, you wouldn't be able to post here...

Forum activation is usually always automatic but, even here, we sometimes have problems with some ISP, that blocks our mail server so, the forum activation message never reach the user, because the user's ISP has blocked email coming from our domain.

This usually happens because some *other* website that, incidentally, is using the same ISP we use, was caught spamming so, the user ISP blacklisted the whole domain, just to be sure. In our case AT&T is a problem here: AT&T (and subsidiaries) users can't register to this forum. It might be a similar problem happened with your ISP and Cloud9. The easiest solution would simply be registering with another email, for example Yahoo or Gmail...

Regarding your problem, if you are using AES and patched FS9 for >2GB, there's a discussion going on here on Aerosoft forum about this issue:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=17418

If you haven't patched FS9 and not using AES, perhaps you just exhausted memory, usually because of a very large airplane addon, since the largest ones, combined with large AI packages and terrain scenery addons, will have problems fitting into 2GB of RAM. That's why people are patching FS9, which in turns creates other issues as well...

However, I kindly ask you to continue this discussion on Cloud9 forum, once you succeed activate your account, this is FSDreamTeam forum, and we would like to continue it keep it this way.

It's ok to discuss Cloud9 products, though, when the interaction between those and FSDreamTeam might create unexpected issues (all are easily solvable).

For any issue regarding Cloud9 product activation, forum activation and such, basically everything that covers your personal data (orders, emails, etc.), since we never were part of that company, we can't access that data, so you'll will need to contact Cloud9 for anything related your previous order, or access to the forum.

AaronMyers

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 03:51:24 pm »
Thank you for the response. I did receive the initial email from their forums stating that my activation request was received, but that a forum moderator needed to approve and activate. I wait, but my account never gets activated. I've tried it twice and still no one seems to be approving my activation. It's difficult to ask a support question when you can't get a forum account activated. I only brought it up here because of the obvious connection, but I didn't want to pollute the FS Dreamteam forums with Coud9 questions.

At any rate, I do have a patched version of fs9.exe for the >3GB switch so I will take a look at that discussion. I have a bunch of airports in AES though and haven't really had issues with other airports.

Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 09:18:23 pm »
At any rate, I do have a patched version of fs9.exe for the >3GB switch so I will take a look at that discussion. I have a bunch of airports in AES though and haven't really had issues with other airports.

All right, it's sure then it's an AES issue that only happens with an FS9.EXE patched for more than 2GB usage, I know they are working to find a solution, but it's not related to EHAM in particular.

AaronMyers

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:00:38 pm »
Ok, thank you. In a way it's good to hear that because Cloud9 is being rather "dictorial" about access to their support forums, and so far have been rather unhelpful via email. Hopefully Oliver finds a fix for AES.