Author Topic: Problem with GSX at FSDT Airports **SOLVED**  (Read 9089 times)

Markito

Problem with GSX at FSDT Airports **SOLVED**
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »
Hello,

I have bought recently GSX and Zurich and Geneva Airport. Yesterday I made a flight to Geneva and after landing, I was not able to see airport buildings, and after having requested "follow me" vehicle, I just saw its shadow on the ground.

Today I flew from Geneva to Zurich and when arriving there, I could see the vehicle, but at the parking spot only the marshaller's head. All graphics and textures were invisible.

I am also using Flylogic's/Aerosoft's Switzerland X with the recommended settings. Do I have to lower these settings, so that textures do not disappear? What would be the best graphics settings in FSX for the scenery?

I also noticed that since having installed the latest version of GSX (had version 1.3 in trial mode before - I think) FSX crashes after a while, when flying in DirectX 10 preview mode. I would be glad if you could also give me some hints regarding this.

Thanks a lot in advance. I am really enjoying FSDT airports and GSX. Great add-ons. Keep up the excellent work...  

Cheers :D,
Marco

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:38:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX at FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 07:33:11 pm »
Check you are not running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" mode. Right-click on the FSX.EXE program, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked there, which is how FSX is installed by default.

If there's no Compatibility mode enabled, then the problem is surely caused by a video driver problem or a setting or an FSX setting that shouldn't be applied.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing"

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled

- If that doesn't work, try to "Repair" your Acceleration or SP2 installation, this has fixed the problem for some users.

Markito

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:21:24 am »
Hello Umberto,

Thank you for your reply... I will answer in each topic of yours below, so that it should be easier to overview each hint.

Check you are not running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" mode. Right-click on the FSX.EXE program, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked there, which is how FSX is installed by default.

I have nothing checked here... The problem must be for sure a video driver problem which is causing me now another headache. The problem is, that my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 285 Graphic Card has a MS Windows Hardware Compatibility driver installed, and I have no NVIDIA Control Panel software which allows me to modify GC settings, once I only have .dll files in all NVIDIA subfolders.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing"

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

Since I am not that "Computer genie", shall I download my GC driver from the NVIDIA site and, in your opinion, install their software? Could this solve the problems I have? Or do you happen to know if there is a possibility to modify one of the above mentioned .dlls?

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled

- If that doesn't work, try to "Repair" your Acceleration or SP2 installation, this has fixed the problem for some users.

I will wait for your next reply before applying these suggested strategies.

All the best, and again, thank you very much for your support.

Kindly,
Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:30:44 am »
Since I am not that "Computer genie", shall I download my GC driver from the NVIDIA site and, in your opinion, install their software? Could this solve the problems I have? Or do you happen to know if there is a possibility to modify one of the above mentioned .dlls?

Download the latest non-beta driver from the nVidia site.

Markito

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »
Hello again, Umberto...

I have now downloaded the NVIDIA drivers from the site and I assume it will work better now. I have also checked, of your recommended settings are in the correct option (Antialising Transparency off; Advanced Animations on; etc.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled FSX SP2...

I think the problem is another one: I think there are still some buildings missing at Geneva airport and when chosing a certain gate, it might probably not be the one selected.

I send you some print screens attached, to see what I am referring to. Pics 1-4 were taken when I selected gate 10; in pics 5-7 I selected gate A1, which is for sure not that one, right?

Shall I uninstall Geneva airport and install it again? I hope not to have any activation issues then...  :-\. If necessary, I will send you per email or PM my activation keys purchased.

Thanks again in advance,
Marco

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 04:42:58 pm »
I think the problem is another one: I think there are still some buildings missing at Geneva airport and when chosing a certain gate, it might probably not be the one selected.

I'm not following you here.

Shall I uninstall Geneva airport and install it again? I hope not to have any activation issues then...  :-\. If necessary, I will send you per email or PM my activation keys purchased.

As explained many times on the forum, you can uninstall/reinstall an unlimited number of times, provided if you don't change hardware or reinstall Windows from scratch.

In any case, I dont think you have an installation problem, just be sure you use the most current version of the Geneva installer and, install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX after the scenery.

If that still doesn't fix the problem, than it's surely a video driver problem. And, it's not very clear from your description of the problem and your screenshots, if buildings are entirely missing, or they appear when you got closer.

Markito

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:06 am »
Hello Umberto,

I think the problem is fixed now, because I I suppose I didn't have the most current version of LSGG installed. I think that's why I wasn't able to see some airport buildings, because some jetways ended into an open space, as shown in the screens.

Never mind... I hope not to bother you anymore about any issues.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Kindly,
Marco