Author Topic: No runway lights at night  (Read 5357 times)

KingCat

No runway lights at night
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:39:23 pm »
I'm having a problem with the runway lights at KLAX (FSX).

As you can see in the screenshot, all the runways and taxiways are dark at night. I didn't have this problem in the past with an older version of the scenery.

The airplane I'm using is the PMDG 737NGX. I have version 1.3 of the scenery installed.

Jon

KingCat

Re: No runway lights at night
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »
I have solved the problem.

I reinstalled the scenery using the full installer, and now all the runway lights and taxiway lights are back. When I installed the previous update (1.3), I used the update file and not the full installer. I guess something went wrong there.

Jon

lsteiner

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »
I'm having the same issue, the taxiways are dark at night, no lights can be seen from the air. Ihave the latest installer 1.4.2, having just bought the program. Any ideas?  ???

I'm having a problem with the runway lights at KLAX (FSX).

As you can see in the screenshot, all the runways and taxiways are dark at night. I didn't have this problem in the past with an older version of the scenery.

The airplane I'm using is the PMDG 737NGX. I have version 1.3 of the scenery installed.

Jon

KingCat

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »
Also make sure that you use the settings as advised in the manual (mesh resolution 100m and texture resolution 5m).

A full reinstall from the full installer did the trick for me (after completely deactivating and uninstalling the previous version without removing the addon manager and couatl, and then reinstalling and reactivating the new full install).

Jon