Author Topic: Strange pushback at Gate 1, Terminal 7 JFK  (Read 5463 times)

booforty

Strange pushback at Gate 1, Terminal 7 JFK
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:04:50 pm »
Hi, never had this problem before but I had a really strange GSX pushback at Gate 1, Terminal 7 at FSDT's JFK.  I attach a picture.  I used to get pushed back to the right.  This time it went left and backed me into the BA 747.  There was no choice of left or right of course as its an FSDT airport.  It used to always pushback to the right.

Please can you investigate the pushback at this gate?  I was using Libardo Guzman's freeware Concorde and parked at this gate many times with no pushback problems before  ???

Thanks!

boilerbill

Re: Strange pushback at Gate 1, Terminal 7 JFK
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:10:54 pm »
I'm still learning everything that GSX can do, but can't you specify the pushback direction when you customize an individual gate or position on the airport?
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

booforty

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:48:40 am »
I'm still learning everything that GSX can do, but can't you specify the pushback direction when you customize an individual gate or position on the airport?

Not at an FSDT airport such as JFK, no you can't.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:53:59 pm »
That parking is set to Left pushback by GSX and it hasn't changed in months so, it's not possible it did a Right pushback then it suddenly changed. And, GSX doesn't interact with AI airplanes.

booforty

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 05:45:50 pm »
Thanks for the response Umberto.

Is it possible to change it to a right pushback?  A left pushback is only going to pushback the user's aircraft into a nearby ai aircraft so not realistic.  That gate should always be a right pushback.

Please consider.

Thanks  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »
On that specific parking, the "Left" or "Right" don't have any relationship to the direction because ( and this is possible only on an fully customized airport supported by us ), this is a custom pushback were the automatic algorithm that selects the best possible nodes in the AFCAD is overridden, and we specify the node coordinates directly. So, "Left/Right" don't mean anything here: if it's Left like in this case, it means "only 1 choice", if it's Both, some choice menu with labels will appear.

In this case, the AFCAD node selected is at coordinates 40.650183, -73.784226, which means the Pushback will be directed towards that node, Left has no meaning here, it could be Left or not, doesn't matter. I'll check better in the next days if everything is ok with that choice of node.

booforty

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:42:15 am »
Understood Umberto

Thanks for checking