Author Topic: Add-on manager update (to 2.9.0.2 from 2.9.0.1) locks PC  (Read 3313 times)

heightsmite

Add-on manager update (to 2.9.0.2 from 2.9.0.1) locks PC
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:13:09 pm »
I was starting a flight at KDFW when a pop-up window advised me an updated version of the manager was available.  I shut FSX down & downloaded the newest add-on manager from FSDT.  When I restarted FSX and selected KDFW, everything, including scenery, loaded fine, for a second.  I then got a warning explaining that the add-on engine has stopped working, the airport textures disappeared and at that point the PC went into a hard freeze and nothing responded; an emergency re-boot was the only answer.

Here are the relevant entries  in the error log (there were multiple entries but all showing the same thing):

couatl v2.0 (build 2307)
panic log started on Wed Apr 18 15:57:53 2012
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 425, in onSimStart
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 778, in getAircraftData
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 438, in __init__
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 331, in _exitsFromSimConnect
  File "couatl\common\aircraftData.py", line 261, in _exitsFromFsxData
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack

Multiple re-downloads & re-installation didn't help.  The only thing that did help was to re-install 2.9.0.1 which I still had. 

Is there a problem with the update?  Thanks.

Dave

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add-on manager update (to 2.9.0.2 from 2.9.0.1) locks PC
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:36 pm »
There was a problem only yesterday, which was fixed this morning with the current Live Update, if you check for Updates with Couatl menu, it should notify there's an update available. Of course, if you waited 24 hours, you would have been notified automatically.

heightsmite

Re: Add-on manager update (to 2.9.0.2 from 2.9.0.1) locks PC
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 07:00:51 pm »
Thanks.  Back up & running.