Author Topic: Help  (Read 3289 times)

bkwood20

Help
« on: March 10, 2012, 02:28:55 pm »
When I first bought GSX it worked great. Now when I start a flight parked at the gate(doesnt matter wich airport), the only options I get when I open the GSX menu are wich gate I want to taxi too. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:46:12 pm by bkwood20 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 09:57:29 pm »
If you see the GSX menu, it means it's *working*. If you see the gate selection menu, it means that you are not parked on a parking position, or the AFCAD isn't recognized it.

Check you don't have a problem with your FSX scenery cache, this might be fixed by removing the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryCache

and let FSX and GSX rebuild their cache.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:58:11 pm »
I have had your problem myself and noticed that even though my aircraft was correctly lined up with the "T" in the parking slot, GSX thought I was not at a gate so it asked me if I wanted to taxi to a gate!!!   I discussed this with Umberto and he explained that the T's are not necessarily correctly placed in FSX for the "footprint" of the gate for certain aircraft.  He suggested that I place the aircraft in the slot where I thought it should be and then link up with an AFCAD disassembler ( I use ADE ) and when I did I was amazed that the AFCAD showed the correct position of the aircraft much forward from where I was parked.  This was noticeable for the ConcordeX and the NGX, particularly but also the Super80 Pro and the PMDG B744, all of which I fly regularly.  The problem was exacerbated by the fact that when I did placed the aircraft correctly on the "footprint" symbol in the AFCAD the jetway wouldn't operate!   I am solving the problem one airport at a time by correctly adjusting the gate foot prints so the "dot" for the gate is slightly back of the tail of the gate icon in the AFCAD and then adjusting the "T" distances to read 40-56-76 instead of the current 26-40-58.5.  Now all my UT2 traffic positions correctly at the gates and when I load a flight plan, it positions me correctly at my selected gate so that GSX is happly and the jetway responds!

Hope that all sheds some light for you.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

bkwood20

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 04:20:43 am »
I think your right crauds. I tried it at an airport and it worked fine. Thats alot of modifying.