Author Topic: Jetway not nicely docked?  (Read 4729 times)

Kosta

Jetway not nicely docked?
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »
I wouldn't know where to start the search with this one, there are too many topics on the tag jetway...

So, a question. Why isn't my jetway nicely docked, as I'm used from AES? NGX is supposed to be completely compatible with GSX and in this pic, AES is disabled.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31158446/GSX%20-%20jetway%20problem.jpg
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway not nicely docked?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:42:27 pm »
Well, this is explained in the manual ( Page 11, in the blue box ), GSX doesn't change, doesn't interact or controls jetways in any way. They will continue to work or not work just as before you installed it.

Which means, if the scenery has FSX jetways, they will continue to work (not always so well) just like before you installed GSX, and if the scenery have static jetways or jetways animated with other ways, they will continue to be static or work as they were before GSX.

Kosta

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:52:23 pm »
You do know how we men and manuals are...

So basically an advice to keep AES for that, if I want a correct function.

Another question: I noticed double marshaller (usually walking just on the left side of the towtruck).
I did search for some answers to that, found that it can't be changed. A reality?
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:41 am »
So basically an advice to keep AES for that, if I want a correct function.

Until we'll replace the FSX default jetways system entirely, yes.

Another question: I noticed double marshaller (usually walking just on the left side of the towtruck). I did search for some answers to that, found that it can't be changed. A reality?

That's the Wingwalker.

Kosta

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:28 am »
Alright.

Would you have an idea how to completely hide the AES marshaller, maybe by creating a transparent texture? Which I tried, but I can still see something moving there. It's transparent alright, but I still see the figure. almost like looking through a magifying glass.

Asking you as a scenery developer for a advice.
Regards, Kosta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:25 pm »
Would you have an idea how to completely hide the AES marshaller, maybe by creating a transparent texture?

The best solution should be offered by AES as a feature. GSX allows to selectively disable the marshaller and the stairs on a parking, which makes it easier to use it together with AES even on the same airport, so we made our part.