Author Topic: stand alone manager/GSX virus problem  (Read 5881 times)

petsumnets

stand alone manager/GSX virus problem
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:00:24 am »
Hi all,

As some other have reported problems with a trojan virus within GSX (counts as well for the stand alone manager), I actually have the same problem.

So I turn avast antivirus OFF and then it works. As soon as I turn it back ON, again the virus alert shows up and messes up all FSDT products (buildings disappear and GSX doesn't work).

As I don't know how to exclude the so called bad files out of my antivirus scan, I wonder what I shall do now.

Choosing for a new antivirus software? Can anybody tell me which one is the best one, without having too much impact on my system (slowing it down, etc...)?

Or is there a chance that FSDT delivers a "non-susceptible for viruses" GSX and stand alone manager update? Actually, I had no virus problems with former stand alone managers versions BEFORE, untill now.

Thanks for any help.

Patrick.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:11:29 am by petsumnets »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: stand alone manager/GSX virus problem
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 12:03:29 am »
The problem is not the Addon Manager that has "changed", since the version that comes with GSX was already out a month or so, the problem is likely a very recent Avast update, that introduced the problem.

You really should learn how to configure your antivirus to exclude files from scanning, if you don't know that, using the antivirus is basically impossible.

petsumnets

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:57 am »
which files are then to be excluded from the scan? Where can I find them?

petsumnets

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:36:58 am »
The problem is not the Addon Manager that has "changed", since the version that comes with GSX was already out a month or so, the problem is likely a very recent Avast update, that introduced the problem.

You really should learn how to configure your antivirus to exclude files from scanning, if you don't know that, using the antivirus is basically impossible.

So in other words you will say if I don't LEARN how to handle my antivirus program (as I am definately not an expert), I cannot use all my fsdt softwares anymore!? Wow, that's nice!!

Thanks for your professionnality!

danroman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 09:03:10 am »
What do we tell the virus to exclude?  The FSDT folders of just the entire FSX folder?
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

petsumnets

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:39 am »
What do we tell the virus to exclude?  The FSDT folders of just the entire FSX folder?

what do you mean?

danroman

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 10:12:31 am »
OK, I got everything back.  For me, with Avast, while reinstalling GSX, I had to turn off three functions:  web shield, network shield.  It was a major issue and I was still getting the danger/block message from Avast.  I just kept hitting retry and eventually it all went in.  Clumsy, but I have KORD back and GSX is working like a charm.   

Cheers, hope it works for you.
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).