Author Topic: Error 5 access denied when installing  (Read 7156 times)

squalo111

Error 5 access denied when installing
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:22 pm »
I've just installed your new GSX demo, all OK, then I closed FSX and restarted later,   (my FSDT airports are Zurich, Chicago, KFLL, KORD, Honolulu), results:

no Couatl menu  (but addonmanager OK)

NO BUILDINGS IN ZURICH (the only I've tested)

then I uninstalled GSX, reinstalled Zurich 2.5, reinstalled standalone, manager, BUT ALWAYS i become errors during standalone (or same Zurich 2.5) installation, see attached jpg

please help, thanks

« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:49:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: THE COUATL BUILDINGS APPEARING/DISAPPEARING WIZARD
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:58 pm »
As already explained in this thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4691.msg43403#msg43403

This error is caused because you launched the installer too quickly, when FSX was still closing, if you reboot Windows and try again, the error will go away.

I've edited the title of the thread, since it didn't help others reading it, or using the "search" function of the forum to find about that error.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:51:19 pm by virtuali »

squalo111

Re: Error 5 access denied when installing
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 06:57:18 pm »
Thanks, it works.
But let me say: in my personal opinion the installation modules of your products are to weak for the normal user, see the lot of topics about installation problems of any product! In my recent experience: KORD upgrade, LSZH upgrade and today GSX, generated too many annoying malfunctions!
Anyway your sceneries are on top of quality!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »
But let me say: in my personal opinion the installation modules of your products are to weak for the normal user, see the lot of topics about installation problems of any product!

The installations works just fine, we should probably add a check for FSX being really closed, any other installer would probably had the same issue if you ran it when FSX was still not entirely closed.

Other problems are never *caused* by our installation proces, we only get to discover pre-existing problems in the user systems or flawed antivirus product interference.

squalo111

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:30:14 pm »
I partially disagree about the antivirus interferences. In my recent cases (like you confirmed at  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5386.msg49042#msg49042 ) this wasn't the problem!
Thank you for your assistence!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »
I partially disagree about the antivirus interferences. In my recent cases (like you confirmed at  http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5386.msg49042#msg49042 ) this wasn't the problem!

But that wasn't really a "problem" of the installation, the problem was that you received an "outdated scenery" message for Zurich and, instead of doing what the message said, which told you to download and install the current version, reinstalled it using the same installer you had.

We had notifications for outdated sceneries for a reason and, since Zurich got TWO major FREE updates since the version you had, it was reasonable to expect everyone would upgrade, and also be *notified* of it.

squalo111

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:50 pm »
if you want always have reason is not my problem  ;)