Author Topic: FSX Scenery issue. PLEASE HELP  (Read 8092 times)

JaJatheJetPlane

FSX Scenery issue. PLEASE HELP
« on: September 24, 2011, 06:33:31 am »
So it all started when i got blueprint's CYYZ scenery. Ive tried everything possible, but whenever i logged on, jetways and many other bits and pieces of buildings and structures were missing, invisble, or floating. I still have the scenery, but I disabled it in my scenery library because of that annoying problem. A couple months later and finally FSDT KLAX comes out. I buy it, download it, and then i see the EXACT SAME problem that i had with blueprint CYYZ. This time its a little worse though, the taxiways and runways look horrible and there is deep dips and canyons right on the airport. Please help, Ive already wasted 30 bucks on blueprint and i cant let this happen to KLAX which i KNOW is a good scenery. Im also really upset about not being able to play flight simulator. Its killing me.

Thanks,

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Scenery issue. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 08:43:28 am »
Very difficult to diagnose the problem, considering you said it happened after installing BP CYYZ, but it's very unlikely installing a scenery would effect everything else in the sim.

Are you sure you haven't changed other settings, like video card setting, changed the video driver, changed fsx settings, used a fsx.cfg tweak, or changed any other setting in the system at that time ?

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 03:15:59 am »
It was a similar problem with BP CYYZ, but ive uninstalled that now and still have the problem with KLAX. I think my computer doesnt like something with KLAX though because all my other FSDT and Filghtbeam sceneries work perfectly. The dips and canyons in the ground are gone now after a reboot, but the main problem i have is that many of the textures basically just arent there. Jetways are missing, terminals missing pieces, parking garages, etc.. And the taxiways arent there either. You just see the ugly ground showing through. I will post screenshots of it to give you an idea of what its like.
Also, I have reinstalled the scenery several times with the same result and i havent done any changes with anything besides maybe the fsx settings in the "options" menu.

Thanks

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 03:56:57 am »
screenshots:

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 03:59:20 am »
more screens:

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:00 am »

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 04:20:51 am »
At this point im thinking that it isnt really tied to BP CYYZ. Buildings, Jetways, and taxiways just arent showing up.
I hope this gets fixed soon so i can start flying! the pics of what it SHOULD look like are amazing!

Jason

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 04:22:37 am »
Oh and I have an ATI video card and Windows 7. if that makes a difference

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 12:02:13 pm »
On top of having part of the buildings missing, which is clearly a video driver problem, it looks like some addon you installed has also replaced some default ground shaders, making the background look strange.

So, it's likely you have two problems at once: a video driver problem AND another addon in conflict.

I'm using ATI + Windows 7, it's a very common combination, the scenery obviously work with it.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:08:01 pm »
it looks like some addon you installed has also replaced some default ground shaders, making the background look strange.

does this mean that just the default ground has been changed? or is an addon replacing the taxiway with the default ground?(which is what it looks like)
Because i have 1 scenery addon that changes the default ground textures. I dont see why that would replace the taxiway with the ground. It doesnt seem replaced though, the taxiways disapeared and you just see right through to the ground. The yellow lines on top are still there.
       Also, all my other fsdt, flighbeam, flytampa sceneries work perfectly. The only other scenery ive had this problem with was Blueprint CYYZ. So is there something with LAX that you know could mess it up? would a list of all the addons i have installed be helpful? i dont have very many. FScene for example is the addon that improves the default textures.

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 07:06:01 pm »
does this mean that just the default ground has been changed? or is an addon replacing the taxiway with the default ground?(which is what it looks like)

FScene for example is the addon that improves the default textures.

That might be it. However, restoring the default texture might fix the different look, but I don't think it will fix partial building missing. However, it doesn't hurt trying.

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:53 pm »
Hm. Im really stumped. It turns out ive already uninstalled FScene a while back. I have no idea then. Brand new computer, new video card, not many addons installed besides an a330 and other fsdt sceneries. Really dissapointing since ive been waiting a long time for LAX to come out :(

thanks for the help

jason

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:26 pm »
If you don't have much installed, you won't lose a lot if you reformat the hard drive and start from scratch.  Since it started when you installed Blueprint, you know what to avoid.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JaJatheJetPlane

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 06:49:27 am »
Hi guys, it's been a while but I have a little update. Everything has been fixed by reinstalling Acceleration so i'm excited to get my sceneries working again. However, I need to re-download FSDT KLAX and I already bought it. So how do I get the full version back? And theres another huge problem, it appears that I actually purchased it twice in all the chaos of trying to get it to work, and it would be great if I could get that fixed ASAP. My email is jqlevy@sbcglobal.net if you need it. Thank you so so much I hope my problems can be resolved quickly

Jason Levy

*oh and sorry this might be the wrong thread to ask, but is FSDT going to make CYVR?  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 02:42:18 pm »
The forum is not the place to ask for a refund due to a double purchase. Contact us via email.

To activate a scenery that lost its activation for any reason, simply use the "Register Serial" number and insert your Serial Number as indicated on your purchase receipt. Just be careful to insert the Serial Number from the original purchase and not the one of the 2nd double order because, when we refund it, the Serial will not activate anymore.