Author Topic: Hawaii airports install issue  (Read 3174 times)

twharrell

Hawaii airports install issue
« on: August 06, 2011, 10:32:42 pm »
I just purchased KDFW, Honolulu, and Hawaii airports 1 and 2 (thanks for the incredible promo deal!).  The airports were purchased through the add-on tab on the FS9 toolbar. Although KDFW installed automatically, it seems none of the Hawaii airports installed.  I checked the scenery layers in the flight sim main menu and I saw FSDreamTeam KDFW but the Hawaii airports were nowhere to be found.  I checked the FSDT main folder and all airport folders were accounted for.  However, when I tried to start a flight in Honolulu, I got the default FS9 Honolulu airport.  I even tried a reinstall (and I did confirm my .REG files were saved) but I still got the same issue.  I then manually activated the PHNL airport and now the airport works just fine (as far as I can tell).  I went ahead and did the same things for all the Hawaii 1 and 2 airports. My question is why didn't any of the Hawaii airports install and activate automatically like KDFW?

Just FYI, I did have some older freeware Hawaii airports from AVSIM, but those were deactivated on FS9 and the folders were removed prior to installing the FSDT sceneries.

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hawaii airports install issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »
There's no reason why KDFW is added and the Hawaii airports aren't, since the installer it's the same and that part hasn't been changed for a while.

They are added automatically just fine, I've rechecked just to be sure so, there must something wrong with your scenery.cfg or another problem local to your system. In any case, there's no difference if you add them manually.

twharrell

Re: Hawaii airports install issue
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:46:58 am »
Umberto, thanks for the reply.   Regarding the scenery.cfg file, is there something specifically I should look for that could have caused the install issue?  I'm no guru when it comes to the quirks of FS files (I'm still learning as I go).  I am glad to hear that manual installs are no problem.  Regardless, so far everything is working smoothly.

Keep up the good work!

Todd