Author Topic: Installing addon scenery in a Win7 64bit system,problem  (Read 3844 times)

craw

Installing addon scenery in a Win7 64bit system,problem
« on: August 02, 2011, 07:33:00 pm »
Hello everyone
I have a problem installing addon on scenery in my FS9 Win7 Professional 64 bit system(Win7 Professional 64 bit also runs Win XP in the X86 format). The process I'm using is the standard processs for installng scenery in FS9. To Cap it in short. Read Readme for specific installing instuctions or exe. it, or extract to addon scenery folder, or extract it to a seperate folder then cut and paste in the addon folder.

Once my scenery is placed in the FS9 Addon Scenery Folder
1/ I start up FS9.
2/ I go to settings
3/ Then Scenery Library
4/ I then click on add area tab
5/ Then I work my way thru the Select Scenery Directory til i get my add on scenery I extracted
6/ I highlight it then click on ,OK

I then get out of that window and and it is not list in the scenery list. I'll scroll all the way through the list but its not there?

The zipped files I'm trying to get installed are CYWGV101.zip;CYOD_j.zip

Note: I'm aware that Win7 Pro installs x86 so you can run FS9 in the Win 7 enviroment.

I have even turned off my admin security feature in Win7 for I know that can cause installation problems.

Now, here is the strangle part I wanted to install this zip file R.C.A.F. Baden-Soellingen EDSB.zip as well and after a long duration of following the installation as I described above. I went into pupet mode and bang it was installed. Now I believe that if I did something different in the installing it had to be sutle. There is absolutely no way I can remember what I did. I went to my friends home and he has a 32 bit system and I installed all three base scenery in a heart beat, no problem at all so I know it has nothing to do with my installation method of installing addon scenery in FS9.

I`m at a complete loss!

Would anyone in the FS9 world have this problem, that my cure my problem. All help is greatly appreciated, Thank-you

Regards
Craw

ewerber

Re: Installing addon scenery in a Win7 64bit system,problem
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 07:42:47 pm »
Search for SceneryConfigEditor on avsim.com and use it instead, much better then the FS9/FSX built scenery library function.

craw

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:04:42 pm »
Thank-you,Thank-you , Ewerber. The Sceneryconfigeditor worked like a dream ,Wow!!! I'm very pleased. problem solved ;D ;D ;D

ewerber

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:16:48 pm »
You should thank the guys who made this excellent program.