Author Topic: FA/18 Radar  (Read 7906 times)

Flake

FA/18 Radar
« on: March 09, 2008, 02:38:19 pm »
First of all i just wanted to say great job on the FA/18 VC and Gauges. Bought Acceleration a couple of days ago, and it blew me away!

Now over to my Question:

Can the radar detect other planes? And if it can, can somebody give me a quick tutorial on how to set it up, use it, and if possible, lock on to other planes.

And like a PS:

Is there a better version of this image i made to keep tabs over all of the knobs, buttons and instruments? I made 2 images, one for lower part of the cockpit, and one for the upper. My head was going crazy Remembering all the locations of the knobs every time i was going to do something, so i made this, printed it out, and its currently hanging on my wall, but a not so "Amateur" version of it would be nice

Lower cockpit:

-Flake

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: FA/18 Radar
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 03:02:16 pm »

Flake

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 03:04:52 pm »
Awsome :) Probably should have been able to find that one myself :P Sorry, but thanks for the help! :)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 03:21:10 pm »
no problem,
i dont think theres an image with all the buttons labeled, but if it helps you:
the button just in front of the throttle you labeled unknow is the fire warning lights test, if you push the throttle, you'll see 3 clickable switches, they are formation, position and strobe lights, the other unknown labeled button saying "probe emergency exit" is the refueling probe extender, you can check it extending on the plane's nose. the button labeled unknown on the right side, works like the warning lights test, it will turn on all the other warning lights in the cockpit.

Flake

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 03:44:15 pm »
Ok, thank you very much, i am updating it, and printing out a new version :) I only had the Popup text to go by, and i am not very familiar with the FA/18 cockpit, so i had to start from scratch :) Thank you for all the help fael097, appreciate it.

macwino

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:09 pm »
Flake, I hope you'll post you're revised image, as I'd love to have it for my wall too.

Thanks, Robert

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 02:33:17 am »
that reminds me theres a switch on the side of the throttle lever to control the speedbreak  :D

Flake

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 02:58:47 pm »
Yes mac, im working on it as we speak, i'll post the revised one, and the one of the top part of the cockpit :)