Author Topic: FSDT help JFK  (Read 5447 times)

IINAYDOGII

FSDT help JFK
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:02:29 pm »
hi im trying to install JFK from FSDT but it keeps saying you need FSX SP2 or acceleration this is normal i know but what isn't normal is that i HAVE acceleration installed?? so what do i do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT help JFK
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 01:20:02 pm »
First, I moved your post in the correct section, which is FSX JFK.

If the installer says you don't have Acceleration or SP2, then you don't have it.

To check your version, go into your FSX folder, right-click the FSX.EXE file, select "Properites", then "Details". The file version should be 10.0.6.61637.0 for Acceleration, or 10.0.61472.0 for SP2.

FSX RTM is 10.0.60905.0 and FSX SP1 is 10.0.61355.

If your FSX.EXE is not the correct version, It's possible your Acceleration install has failed somehow, or you ended up with mixed files, which can lead to all sort of problems.

Not a problem of our installer, of course. In fact, by refusing to install on an unsupported version, or a version with mixed files, it will prompt you fixing your problem first.

IINAYDOGII

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 04:19:20 pm »
hi yes thanks :) im new so i wasnt sure where to post :0 i have check and i definitely have acceleration. should i uninstall fsx then try it all again?  
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 05:17:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:19:56 pm »
i have check and i definitely have acceleration. should i uninstall fsx then try it all again?  

With "I have check", do you mean you verified the FSX.EXE version number exactly as I've explained, and it reports 10.0.6.61637.0 ?

If yes, then you might have an entirely different problem, like your Windows registry key for FSX pointing to a wrong folder, or to another FSX installation that doesn't have Acceleration installed.

IINAYDOGII

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:22:51 pm »
i have check and i definitely have acceleration. should i uninstall fsx then try it all again?  

With "I have check", do you mean you verified the FSX.EXE version number exactly as I've explained, and it reports 10.0.6.61637.0 ?

If yes, then you might have an entirely different problem, like your Windows registry key for FSX pointing to a wrong folder, or to another FSX installation that doesn't have Acceleration installed.

thanks virtual iv gone back repaired every thing and i now have a working version of your great product keep up the work