Author Topic: Mediafire  (Read 3288 times)

danydj718

• FSX and FS9 user
Mediafire
« on: January 25, 2011, 10:48:41 am »
Good morning

Two days ago, the download buttons on the product page were linked to a website called Mediafire. First I was afraid that your site could be victim of a hacker attack, but nevertheless I downloaded the KLAS scenery. When I returned to your homepage today, everything seemed to be as usual again and I downloaded and overwrote the file again. Sorry if this question may sound very dumb, but can you please confirm that I did not download something dangerous like a Trojan?

Regards
Proud LSZH, LSGG, KJFK, KFLL and KDFW owner!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mediafire
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:58:06 am »
We host all our files on Mediafire, which is needed since, having a freely accessible Trial version downloadable without any limitations means we consume much more bandwidth that we otherwise would, if our downloads were accessible only after purchase or with some limitations.

That's why we have to use an high capacity download host (with file on a different server), since there was no way we could offer so much bandwidth without slowing down our site and downloads too to unbearably low speeds. We have a full business account with Mediafire so, it's all normal.

You have seen the Mediafire download page for a short while, because you probably accessed the download exactly in the middle of a bandwidth quota "recharge" so, during that time, the download link is not "direct", but shows the Mediafire page, it goes back to being direct as soon as we renew the bandwidth quota, but the file is exactly the same.

Sorry if this question may sound very dumb, but can you please confirm that I did not download something dangerous like a Trojan?

We digitally sign all our downloads so, if you are seeing that an installer made by "VIRTUALI" is starting, you can be sure the file you have downloaded is exactly what we uploaded.