Author Topic: Reinstall issues  (Read 6887 times)

jtrib

Reinstall issues
« on: December 27, 2010, 12:43:37 am »
I own The following Sceneries:
LAS
ORD
JFK
FLL
DFW
JFK
I had some issues on my Flight sim computer and had to delete FSX and start all over again. Well, as I try to add the FSdreamteam files, it tells me the product is "active" yet they are not active. All I see is gates and not any buildings. I was hoping somebody could help me.

Jeff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall issues
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:08:31 am »
As explained in many other threads, if the Addon Manager says the scenery is Active, then it's Active. Without activation, a scenery will NOT disappear. It will run in Trial mode, with all buildings, just for 5 minutes at time.

So, if you don't see any buildings at all, your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation but, instead, it's a problem with your system which prevents the program to run correctly.

This is usually caused by antivirus, try this:

- Uninstall any scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Also, it's best you use the current version of all the installers or, at least, AFTER all the sceneries are installed, try to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX, download links for it are on every product "Info" page.

jtrib

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:02:25 am »
Sorry, I had to leave town (Holidays and family) I am going to try your suggestions. I will let you know my results.

Jeff

jtrib

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:12:26 am »
So I did what you said. I am now getting the following system error when I start FSX:

couatl.exe System Error
The program can't start because the alut.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

am not sure what this even means?

jtrib

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 03:16:00 am »
Just to be clear. I turned on FSX, got that erroe. I installed just one of my many FS dreamteam products. I just installed KLAS.

Inside of
Addons
Addon manager
It tells me KLAS (and other sceneries) are active, yet the terminals are not showing up, just the gates.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 06:29:09 am »
The program can't start because the alut.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

This message means a .dll from your Audio drivers is missing, it's not part of our software, but is required to run, and it's usually distributed with audio drivers.

Try to find the most updated audio drivers for your sound board (you should check if they support OpenAL), it should fix the problem.

jtrib

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 01:20:58 pm »
From all the research I have done, you are right, it does mean audio. But, the problem still reamains, the FSdreamteam buildings do not show with a system error couatl. So and audio driver will prevent buildings from showing?

jtrib

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 01:39:13 pm »
I have reinstalled the audio drivers on my computer. I still have the same error. The audio on my computer works fine. This is what is strange to me.
I noticed someone else had the same issue. I just do not understand how they fixed it since I am using an Asus audio out and they were talking creative labs. I guess what I am saying as niceley as possible, is every program works fine on my flight sim computer. That is to say, all programs but anything FSdreamteam with a couat.System error.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1421.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 02:12:43 pm »
I have reinstalled the audio drivers on my computer. I still have the same error. The audio on my computer works fine. This is what is strange to me.

Even if the audio works, doesn't mean the problem is not related to audio drivers. Can you check if you have the alut.dll file in your Couatl folder, because is supposed to be there, in case your audio drivers don't come with it.

If not, it means you are probably using an old installer, which was made before alut.dll was included. In this case, download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX (link is on every "Info" page of every product), which surely includes it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:16:24 pm by virtuali »

jtrib

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 02:56:18 pm »
That did it! It is working just fine. You always have the answer every time. I have always been impressed with your customer service. When ever I have had a problem with your product, you have always fixed it quickly. Thank you again for your help.